Repro parts woes.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Repro parts woes.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 06:09 am:

I have just finished re-bushing the transmission drums for my roadster project, using bushes from the vendors. 3 of the five did not clean up entirely when machined to give the recommended clearances. The only good thing is the clearances will be greater rather than too tight. Perhaps the makers should be made aware that we need a little more material to work with. I machine the bushes so they just go over the gears. When in the running position, the clearance is usually taken care of by the wear on the shafts.

New un-worn gear shafts might have seen the bushes clean up for the correct fit, but they need to have more material for them to be machined to suit worn shafts.

Has anyone else had the same problems?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J and M Machine Co Inc on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 06:45 pm:

Hello Allan:
Yes i have also encountered what you're describing.
You're not the first no matter what any dealer says.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration