1920 Henry Ford's Anti Semite rant

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1920 Henry Ford's Anti Semite rant
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hwdcne on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:04 pm:

I have heard rumors for years that at one time Henry Ford's newspaper ran articles about the so call Jewish problem. If I recall correctly there were 86 or so articles that were published. The articles were eventually put in pamphlet form and Hitler used some of these articles for his Anti Jew propaganda. I just got through reading a book about a double agent during World War ll. In this book the writer actually talks about these articles. They were titled "The International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem" I looked online and you can still purchase 4 volumes attributed to Henry Ford with this title. I find this very fascinating! Does anybody have information about this that can be verified, particularly if Hitler used this for propaganda? I want to give a presentation about Henry Ford sometime in the future and I want to only present verifiable facts. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

It is all true. Henry was a very complicated man, and one of his more unfortunate complications was his racial prejudice against Jews, probably taught to him by his parents.

Henry bought the newspaper "The Dearborn Independent" and published articles on the subject for many years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

Sadly, there is truth to much of that.
I have always admired Henry Ford for a lot of what he did, and how he did it. But we (all of us) must grow, and develop beyond what came before us. To do so, we must recognize that all of us, and all who came before us, are products of our, and their, eras.
Henry Ford was a flawed human being as are we all.
It must also be remembered, that several (more than an isolated few exceptions) of Henry's most trusted advisers early and throughout his career as an automobile producer were also Jewish. As I recall, the main architects that designed many of his factory buildings were Jews, among many others.
Yes, it is true that Henry wrote some anti-Semitic articles. And it is true that a publishing company that he owned published many others not written by him, some were improperly attributed to Henry.
It may be unfortunate that Hitler admired Henry Ford, and publicly said so. But it is a fact. There is little in fact to indicate that Henry really admired Hitler. Early, in Hitler's public life, there is indication that Henry respected Hitler as a public leader. As Hitler showed more of his true self to the world, there is no indication that Henry continued to respect him beyond his position as a world power that had control over some of Henry's business interests.
MAybe more later.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

Henry Ford was not a perfect guy as we would like to think. Sometimes our enthusiasm about the early days of Ford and his success gets in the way of how people really were aside from their great successes.

His racial prejudices and peculiarities about his personal life get lost in the fog of history when it comes to the car that put America on wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

Being of German decent, I have spent a lifetime studying the world's favorite German subject - The
Third Reich. I have studied under Rod von Stackleberg, retired Professor Emeritus of German Studies
at Gonzaga University and learned a great deal about the BS we are fed by our gov't. and society vs.
the historical realities and truths behind what happened.

Henry was nothing unusual in his day, other than he had an enormous platform from which to broadcast.
Eugenics was huge, ... the new and bright future for humanity. Hell, IBM provided all the data collecting
technology to make the Holocaust happen ! The ERO provided millions of dollars and all their resources
to the Germans to further their "studies". The ERO was directly supported by the U.S. Govt., the Harrimans,
the Rockefeller Foundation, and the Carnegie Foundation. You know, those same people that support NPR
as they promote every bleeding heart feelgood issue possible.

Learn the difference between political anti-semitism and religious anti-semitism. It has been U.S.
political policy since the war to make the two very different points into one clouded issue, to serve
the post-war agenda and justify our actions.

May I recommend: The Rise of Political Antisemitism in Austria and Germany, by Polzer. Very chewy
reading, but very eye-opening regarding U.S. complicity in creating the Nazi racial hygiene programs.

To learn more about this, read: War Against the Weak, by Edwin Black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

( But we (all of us) must grow, and develop beyond what came before us. To do so, we must recognize that all of us, and all who came before us, are products of our, and their, eras)

Well said Wayne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

Hwdcne, sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 04:18 pm:

So Iam under the impression that the Jewish bankers tried to screw Henry. Henry lost his first attempt in the car world and did the Jewish bankers try it later on? Did I hear that Henry shipped cars to his dealers and made them pay up front so he could save his company?
Would that make you unhappy with Jews? Help me get it straight as I dont want to miss guide anyone. Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

I do not think there were ever any Jewish bankers trying or succeeding in doing any harm to Henry Ford.

Ford did indeed ship lots of cars and spare parts to dealers and invoiced them in order to show enough accounts receivables to take the company private in the period of time near the end of WWI. Henry was successful in becoming the sole owner of FOMOCO through this ploy. A lot of dealers and their bankers suffered as a result.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 04:34 pm:

The Jews that seemed to trouble Henry were the stereotypical ones. The ones depicted in racist comics of the day, showing the large nose and other caricaturist features attributed to them, as well as the traits also attributed to them in the same caricaturist fashion, not the least of which was the stereotypical "banker". (Think of Fagan, from Oliver Twist.) It seems that when he was confronted with the likes of Albert Kahn, and his own neighbor, a Jewish Rabbi, as well as other "real life" Jews, he didn't seem to have such an issue. But yes, it's a sad side note in his nature, which is even more sad when judged by today's standards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

It seems the "In" thing nowadays is to see how much dirt you can dig up on what were once well regarded people. Even if it's true, and I believe it is, it doesn't change the positive things he did. There's plenty of dirt to dig up on most anyone. Of course, it wouldn't be politically correct to dig it up on some, only others. Henry meets the demographic for which digging up dirt is acceptable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 05:36 pm:

Hernry's public image changed so much during the years he was alive that it is difficult to understand the man. The $5 day, done mostly to slow down turnover and increase profitability in the assembly line was hailed as giving rise to the working class's mobility. That was actually a side-effect that may or may not have been thought of when the idea was first proposed. Later Ford's associates instigated violence against the Labor Unions. Was this Ford's desire, or was he out of control of that situation? I haven't studied enough of it to know, except to note that there are folks who support both sides of that theory.
He's also known for peace efforts, and for his later anti-Semite statements.
One thing to remember; it was a different time--life was nothing like it is now, and most folks did not have a "world view" of life; their experiences were often very limited and defined by local opinions.
Everyone has an agenda behind their statements, actions, and theories. "The Truth is out there, Somewhere!" Recognizing it is oftentimes difficult!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

It's been speculated that HF's antisemitism stemmed from backers in all 3 of his attempts at starting a company wanting large expensive cars instead of his "car for every man" plan. He walked from the first, was fired from the second for apparent lack of interest and probably decided (or was convinced) (Clara ?) to keep his trap shut on the third. I believe this was why he was so adament about getting full control as soon as possible. The trouble with the Jewish backer theory is that not all of them were Jewish so may there's another reason my extensive reading hasn't uncovered. "He was a man of his times" is used to explain the actions of people like HF and later FDR and others. Not an excuse just an attempt at an explaination.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 01:16 am:

You gents are spewing the post-war garble that "jewish", as in religious Hebrews, are the
same thing as those who "think jewish". What we don't understand today is that there were
legions of people who were not Hebrew, religious Jews, who were considered "jewish" for
the way they saw the world, thought, acted, did business. It is really difficult to untangle the
two, as we've been taught since the war that the two are inextricably the same. They are not,
and WERE NOT in Henry's time.

Think about the words "there", "their", and "they're". All sound the same, but have completely
different meanings. Similar thing going on here. The root of both came from the same place,
jewish merchants and later, bankers, ... as a group of people, ethnically based, that pioneered
new and complicated business practices. Today, and in Henry's time, plenty of non-Jews were
using these practices and outlooks and wore the name.

Think about it .... Henry, and others, saw people who worked this way as parasites. It had nothing
to do with what church they attended. How can one possibly assign the name "parasite" to a
church or member ? It makes no sense. But it sure can when people practice business in certain
ways. Read those books I mentioned above. Throw in Stackleberg's college textbook "Hitler's
Germany" as a good primer for understanding the basics of politics and social outlook in the 90
years leading up to the Nazi's coming to power.

If you like knowing the uncomfortable truths in life, it will be life altering reading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 09:25 am:

Ford's anti-Semitism is at least partly explained, though by no means excused, by the Midwestern populism of his youth on the farm. For many of the farmers struggling with the caprice of low prices of farm commodities coupled with the comparatively high costs of producing those commodities, "big-city" bankers, Wall Street financiers, speculators, and other wealthy men who were seemingly in control of the farmers' situation to the farmer's detriment, became, collectively, "The Jews," a sort of straw man who was to blame for all the farmers' troubles. In Ford's thinking, any person who made money not from visible labor (like farming) but from monetary transactions was "a Jew."

Ford's personal, one-on-one relations with individual Jewish people was as cordial (or not) as his relations with people of any other group. Ford was even friendly with a Detroit rabbi to the point of gifting him with a new Model T every year. (The latest new car was returned after the anti-Jewish articles began to appear in Ford's newspaper--written NOT by Ford, but mostly by William Cameron, a classical anti-Semite, with Ford's approval and under his implied by-line.) In Ford's simple understanding but complex mind, these folks were not "The Jews," they were just Jewish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hwdcne on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 09:58 am:

I like that explanation, R.V.! I agree with that.
Is it true that Hitler reprinted some of this articles and dropped them all over Europe? That is probably the biggest question I have. If that is true, then HF is somewhat responsible for the Holocaust!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 10:38 am:

I don't know for certain if that's true, but it's certainly possible, if not likely. It is a fact that Hitler was an admirer of Henry Ford and gave him some kind of medal of some kind of high German award, which Ford accepted.

According to one published Ford historian, when Ford viewed a newsreel in 1945 recording the conditions of the concentration camps, it hit him that he was indeed responsible in an indirect but serious way, and he collapsed from a stroke, his most serious to date, and from which he never fully recovered. Coming on the heels of Edsel's death, for which there is evidence that Henry felt guilt over, it was no doubt a severe blow. According to Harry Bennett, from then on Ford "wasn't anti-Semitic" or anti-anything; "he was just a tired old man who wanted to live in peace."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

Charles Lindbergh was another of Hitler's supporters in the US.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:59 pm:

" ... If that is true, then HF is somewhat responsible for the Holocaust!"

======================================

This is absurd.

HF was no more responsible for the Holocaust than you or I were.

R.V.'s explanation above is very good. Separate the paradigm of "Jews"
from being jewish. The two are not the same. We have all been brainwashed
to lump the two together, but there is a distinct difference.

In Hitler's Europe, a "perfect storm" was brewing for 100 years before he
came along. As the Jews were emancipated in 1848 and again in 1861, the
cooped up wealth this strong merchant class had amassed burst forth in a
showy, obvious way that quickly turned a quiet resentment into a full-blown
march of pitchforks and torches. They were seen as parasites upon an ethnically
nordic population.

In 1933, the Jewish population in Germany was under 5%. Yet Jews occupied
some 90-100% of major banking, the media, the professions, and civil service.
When 5% of a population holds 90% of the wealth and high paying jobs, I don't
care what ethnic group they might be from, the other 95% of the population is
going to rise up at some point and all hell is going to break loose. Just read
history !

What Americans (in particular) remain oblivious to, is the power of the Eugenics
movement from 1890-1940. There are two branches of Eugenics, ... positive and
negative. Positive is breeding strong strains of peas or livestock that resist pests
and produce greater yields. Negative Eugenics is culling out the stuff that is disease
prone or fouls the fields with lesser producing strains. It took no time at all to jump
this concept over to humans after Henry VIII kicked the Catholic church out of England
and discovered how much the pauper class cost without the church there to provide
"charity". The concept only grew and grew from Henry VIII's time to Henry Ford's time.

Eugenics was the predecessor to "genetics" and thanks to Uncle Adolph, the BS was
rapidly sorted from the factual and a new name was given to create a new identity.
But it basically boils down to this .... the idea of genetics was applied to humans ...
if you had a certain genetic background (they called it a certain type of "blood" or
"bloodline", you were predisposed to good or bad. Those with a family history of
bad teeth or epilepsy should be culled out through no breeding or euthanasia, while
those of "superior stock" were encouraged to make lots of progeny. What the Nazi's
missed the mark on was that bloodlines as a baseline for how humans will behave
really does not equate. They tried hard to prove it does, but parasitic behavior is
largely one of learned paradigms. The jones was that eugenics was the up-and-
coming NEW science and social resentments and brewing hostilities of Marxism
and the reactionary Fascism all collided over Europe with an underlying new idea
that Eugenics might steer society back onto a course of "traditional sanity". And
like any edifice built upon a foundation of #@!, the grandest of plans went terribly
awry. We all know THAT PART of the story.

Read those books. Educate yourself. Learn the REST OF THE STORY. Don't be
part of the brainwashed masses that swallow up revised agenda history. It's unbecoming
of a Model T kind of person. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 01:00 pm:

As far as the dirt digging, the way I look at it, if you are successful ,expect someone to be digging in your trash can or whatever.
Some people are simply jealous of others success and feel it is their duty to ruin that person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

But seeing this about Henry isn't "dirt". It's historically relevant intel about the times.
Sucking up to the historical/political revisionists' BS is like buying off on the argument
that Model T's are nothing but junk ... unsafe, bad for the earth, whatever, and that we
should all get a Prius ! Where is the mental disconnect that old cars from an America
a hundred years past are cool to learn about and be an ambassador to understanding
the time they represent, yet we scorn the history of the day that we know nothing about
(and are TOLD by those with an agenda to rewrite history) how to think it was, think about
it, and pass on false history as fact ???

EDUCATE YOURSELF !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

So uhhh... A rose by any other name? Some of these "explanations" smell like a load of bad gefilte fish. Anti Semites hate Jews because their Jews. Not because they act like what they think Jews act like. It's not ingrained it's learned from family, friends coworkers and associates. YOU, as an individual, make a decision as to what you feel. HF, where ever he got it from was an Anti Semitic. Period. He had a dark streak a mile wide and used it on just about everyone he dealt with through out his life family, coworkers and anyone who got in his way. Did he write those articles? Frankly I don't think he had the brains to. I doubt he even read them. He was a barely educated stuborn hayseed who was in the right place with the right idea at the right time. His decisions concerning the Jewish population and businessmen remain a mystery and always will be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Charlie,

Historical explanations do not excuse a person, but we do not have a hope in hell of understanding history without
getting past the revisionists' smoke-and-mirrors show. Of course Henry's position concerning the Jewish population
and business will remain a mystery to those who refuse to educate themselves about history.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian lawrence on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

Charlie,

Great perspective....Brian

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration