This Car Matters

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: This Car Matters
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Four minutes of shiny black paint and brass. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWdWAHbqW6o

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Wow! This is what we all dream about, having the complete history of our cars.

Thanks for Posting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

I love my roadster, but i have always hankered for a 15 touring...definitely next on my purchase list to keep Mildred company. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

Is there a service that can research previous owners by VIN?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 02:26 am:

Black Cars Matter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 07:30 am:

Nice car, very inaccurate statements from the owner regarding the paint and upholstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 07:33 am:

Chris: Unfortunately not. We do know the first owner, though:

Ford :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 08:10 am:

That's nice... My '15 touring was bought new by my Great Great grandfather in Blanchard Michigan and as been in the family ever since

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 08:42 am:

Watching that video brings a bit of sadness. I have lost our long term family owned TT.

The truck (1923) was bought new as a chassis here in Keene by a local company. The body was installed nearby. My grandfather bought the truck off the used car lot at the local Chevrolet dealer in 1930. Grandpa put it up on blocks in the barn in 1948. We "woke it up" in 1967.

Fast forward to 2010. Mom has passed. Dad died in 2000. He wanted my son to have the truck when he was old enough. My estranged brother got the truck. Three years later he dies and I don't find out about his passing for about six months. Attempts to contact his widow have been fruitless. She and the truck have vanished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 09:16 am:

So to some this will sound like sour grapes--

In 2014, I presented the same form of documentation as presented by the video to a Commonwealth Historic Preservation Board - similar situation car never left its neighbourhood, documented original owner, and history of the vehicle - all to list a Model T on the national register -- similar to what Hagerty is doing. So with the youtube presentation I am not that impressed with the Hagerty presentation. Preparing a history of a car is basically genealogy of a family member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 10:49 am:

What does it mean my 19 can be put on some type of national historic register because I have the complete owner ship history with the original registration, transfer documents, and bill of sales?

Will that mean i can't add a water pump, change the color, or replace the sparkplugs without getting permission from some historic committee?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:35 am:

No you can add the water pump or put on electric windscreen wipers.

The issue is the Historic Preservation officers in each state have never been asked by folks to add an unto mobile - until 2014 in Pennsylvania.

Please refer to :

Movable Structures on the National Register of Historic Places: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles?
By Bren L White
Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements
For the Degree of Master of Fine Arts in Historic Preservation
at
The Savannah College of Art and Design
May 2012, Brenda L White

This can be found on line at:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tFHkrenx2F0J:ecollections.s cad.edu/iii/cpro/app%3Fid%3D1712129664421614%26itemId%3D1001125%26lang%3Deng%26s ervice%3Dblob%26suite%3Ddef+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sullivan, Powell WY on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

Burger=LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 01:13 pm:

Nice old car. I like it. I dont have a well documented T. My model A coupe had every piece of original documentation from the original family. The car was still in horrible mechanical condition front to back. Now after many $$s and several years of restoration i drive the car anywhere anytime. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

Burger, that's funny. Watch out for the blue cars. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 09:40 am:

As long as the current owner of that '15 is happy, that is all that matters, but there are a number of issues with it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration