Brass Lamp Restorer Sought

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Brass Lamp Restorer Sought
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:19 am:

Anyone still doing this? The last two I emailed questions to was returned undeliverable?

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Rick Britten is the best, just google Britten Brass Works. Be prepared to spend the bucks, but nothing compares to his work, it's jewelry quality...just gorgeous.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:27 pm:

I second Rick Britten. Everything David has said about him is true.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

Here is Rick's email: BrassGuy1905@aol.com
Be prepared to wait about 12 months for the work. He has 3 of my 1910 lamps to restore right now. He did provide me with burners for my new E&J lamps which no one else could do...

He is the best!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

I also recommend Rick Britten. He did the Gray & Davis bullet lights for my '06 Buick. Took about (2) years and was expensive (almost 9K for headlights and sidelights),but they're perfect. Brass restoration is expensive, but when you consider you can't find some of this stuff, what's the alternative?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:35 pm:

Howard

Your broken door could be repaired by brazing with Harris safety silv 45 silver solder. This is a 45 percent silver brazing material that melts at 1100F or so and will give a good color match.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 09:15 am:

Thanks Guy's and especially Ted's suggestion about silver solder. I didn't know that was an option. That would lower the repair cost.

Howard Dennis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration