Flooding in Texas Along the Brazos River

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Flooding in Texas Along the Brazos River
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:23 am:

I debated whether to put OT in the title of this post, but it does concern Model T's and tire collectors. Much of Texas is currently suffering devastating, even historic, flooding along the Trinity, Brazos, Colorado, Guadalupe, and even the Llano river, displacing thousands of people, statewide, and causing millions, if not a billion dollars, of property damage.

Undoubtedly, some of these people are car collectors. I'm sure there are many. I, personally know one collector, a Houston fireman, who owns a Model TT fire truck, who lives in one of the devastated areas along the Brazos, less than 10 miles west of me. I am safe as the Brazos is 10 miles west and 10 miles south of me at the nearest points, but it has grown in width, normally measured in feet and yards, to measurement in miles in places. I can't help but feel sorry for all the suffering people varying from those on welfare to wealthy, and their personal loss. So far, six lives have been lost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

We have seen these places on the news and i too wonder what if anything car collectors could do with their collections. I wouldn't know where to start!! Hope the flooding stops. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Just saw on TV, that 75% of Texas is now under a Flash Flood warning, 196,347.75 square miles. To put that into prospective, the entire state of California is 155,959 square miles. Thirty counties have applied for disaster assistance with more sure to come. If all the parts I have stored in an office warehouse about twenty miles away got flooded, they'd just have to get wet. There's no way I could load and move two tractor trailer loads of parts even in a week, much less days or hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

Thanks for posting this Terry. You can also add the San Jacinto River to the flooding list. Marilyn and I lost power for a couple of days but no water in the house. We have friends just 1/2 mile away that are closer to the river and their entire home was under water. We drove through that neighbor hood last night and saw MANY homes with piles of carpet and sheet rock out by the road. We are pleased to report that Otis and Frank are dry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

Somewhere in Texas at a Whataburger. This is what it has looked like the last couple of weeks around here.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration