267 Years of Experience

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 267 Years of Experience
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:38 am:

I donít know much about Model Tís except that I am the proud owner (caretaker) of two of them. Betsy is my driver, a 23 roadster that came from an estate in Portland a year and a half ago to live with us and Ole Gert is a 26 Touring car that followed me home from Brigham City in the spring of 2011. She is my winter project and is being restored from the ground up at a very leisurely pace. Anyway, to get on with my story, my wife has a friend in Salt Lake who turned 95 last year and when she heard that we had a Model T, she wanted a ride in it. Arrangements were made for her to come up for a ride.

We loaded up, fired Betsy up, after I informed her that I wasnít playing with her knee, but was adjusting the fuel mixture and down the road we went. I looked over at her several times and almost every time she was petting the door or upholstery. It dawned on me some time later that as soon as she heard the engine start, 80 years or so had washed away as if by magic. She was a young lady again, back in the day and was enjoying a magic carpet ride back to the past.

As we were cruising down Hwy 89 to Hot Doggityís for lunch, I got to thinking, my passenger was 95 years old, Betsy was 92 years old and since Iím 80 now, that made 267 years of experience moving along at a blistering 35 miles per hour. What a Hoot!!

Cheers,

Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 11:49 am:

Good Job! :-) Always nice to give an "Experienced" person a ride in the Model T. It is also fun to watch the expressions on the faces of youngsters when you turn on the light for them by explaining that cars have progressed from the model T to today's cars in the span (long I admit) of one human life span. I will never forget the look of some 5th graders when I told them that Nancy Reagan was older than my 27 roadster. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Wow. What a great story. No telling the things the lady was thinking of from her past rides in model Ts. Very Cool. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration