Unpainted wood spoke wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Unpainted wood spoke wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that ford offered painted and unpainted wood spoke wheels in 1925?
I can't seem to find the source of my recollection.
Can anyone out there help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

From Bruce McCalley's encyclopedia on disk, Page 690: In 1925, perhaps after the introduction of the “Improved Fords” for 1926, the wheels for the balloon tires could be had in a natural wood finish in addition to the standard black. My guess would be that "perhaps" should be "probably", but I can't prove it. I suspect a search of period photos would show very few actually on cars, even 26-27 ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

Here's a thread on a NOS set those wheels recently for sale: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/636790.html?1461592157

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 09:45 am:

The information above is correct, but only for the 21" wheels, and were available well before the improved car. A lot of the accessories that were available for the improved cars were also available by mid-year 1925.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration