Johnson's Wood Wheels in Ardmore, OK

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Johnson's Wood Wheels in Ardmore, OK
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vance Naumann on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 05:51 pm:

Has anyone had recent experience with Johnson's Wood Wheels in Ardmore, OK. Does anyone live around Ardmore that knows Mr. Johnson?

Thanks

Vance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

I live in Texas and have had 2 sets of T wheels built by Mr. Johnson. The last set was built for my 21 Touring about 3 years ago.
As was the other set for my 24 Coupe they were very nice. Couldn't be more satisfied.

He always was at Chickasha. I didn't go this year so don't know if he was there.

He did an excellent job for me. His packing crate was built like a tank! Close to cabinet quality. No problem there either. He balances his wheels and they do run true I have to say.

You mentioned recent experience and around 3 years is my most recent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By King Martin on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

His shop is the next town north of me and He did a set for my dads 20 model. Excellent work and service. I would recommend him. I can send you pictures if you would like some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

My 14 sports a pair of rear wheels that he did. Beautiful work and they run true. Almost a shame to paint em black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:06 am:

I had all four wheels done by him two years ago and leave them natural wood...a bit of a hassle to mask for clear coating the wood and painting the rim, but worth the effort

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:08 am:

clicking on my name will give one a closeup of my wheels...giving Mom a ride to her 90th birthday last year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Anyone know his prices for nondemountable round felloe wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:16 am:

I used him for four non demountable wheels with new rims. excellent work, excellent shipping crates. Here's a link. http://www.woodwheels.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 11:47 am:

I had mine done by him and picked them up in 12/15. I could not be more satisfied with the quality of his work and the pricing. These were 30-1/2" demountables for my '22 roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Stutzman's did mine a number of years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vance Naumann on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

I was asking about Johnson's Wood Wheels because I have been having a hard time contacting him either by phone or email. I was wondering if anyone has been in contact with him lately?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

I'm pretty sure he's a one man band. Took me a few tries at one time to catch him, I wouldn't worry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Talkington on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 06:00 am:

Mr. Johnson's shop is just 20 miles from my home. I took my wheels from my '24 touring there and had them rebuilt. I spent almost an hour and a half there when I dropped them off and he showed me his equipment and how he does the wheels. He is a true craftsman and does really outstanding work. It is a father-son operation and they both have day jobs so keep trying you will be extremely happy with their work.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration