E Brake rods

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: E Brake rods
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe gallagher on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 02:35 am:

I Have a 1927 Model T Coupe with a small drum ruckstell rear axle and I am looking for E brake rods that will work with this arrangement I am going to the Auburn swap this weekend in hopes to find some but am not sure what they should look like ... anyone have an idea as to what will fit and or a photo of what I should be looking for... Thanks for any help .... Joe....joeg48@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 07:48 am:

The hand brake cross shaft is in the same position 09-27, while the brake arms in the rear axle moves forward in the larger '26/'27 brakes, making the brake rods slightly shorter. You should look for rods for 09-25 T's, they have an offset area to clear the radius rod while the 26/'27 rods are straight.

jjj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 09:18 am:

The correct terminology for this brake rod is Hub Brake Pull Rod, p/n 3468.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration