Today at Richmond

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Today at Richmond
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

I didn't shoot a lot of pictures today, but here are a few.

Model T-powered Pietenpol airplane.

Bud Redding, Jerry Kramer, Keith Gumbinger
I'll leave it to you to make up your own caption for this one.

In the discussion of step plates the other day, running board cans were accused of being decorative. I replied that mine aren't, and saved me a long hike when I ran out of gas five miles short of the filling station. I think these are probably non-decorative too. :-)

Set up for travel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

That is WILD, I wouldn't think a T engine would be safe to spin fast enough. Maybe if there are some gears or something to really get it going a lot quicker. Maybe without the flywheel and transmission it's ok to rev a lot higher.

Can you even imagine?!? "MAY DAY MAY DAY BAD COIL WE ARE GOIN DOWN"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:17 pm:

Jerry K is trying to explain how you can survive on just 45 minutes of sleep each night but the guy to his right ain't buying it .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

I would LOVE to see more pictures of ANY trailer hitch setups. And the trailers. Others might enjoy looking at them also. Please????? Thank you, Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

Now Jim, I do get more than that! Hope to see you tomorrow. We have had two great days of touring, had our first repair job in the Vintage Garage, got to meet and talk to Dean Yoder and am looking forward to hearing Steve Jelf tell us how he takes those fabulous pictures. Maybe he will even divulge who follows him around and snaps those pictures of him working. Here's hoping Mother Nature is kind to us tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 01:55 am:

Seth,
Pietenpol airplane owners motto: Slow and Low!!
They are noted for flying very slow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 08:31 am:

Bill,

Here is a photo of a store bought trailer hitch from the T era on my '14.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 10:30 am:

I was there last year. Wish I could be there now, but will be at a good friend's daughter's wedding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

Hi Royce,

Thank you for the hitch picture. I am planing a hitch and trailer. I have some ideas and some bits, but am always keeping my eyes open for additional methods. Thank you, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

Thanks for the pics, Steve! :-)

I decided to make my trip to this year's Homecoming a one-day wonder, so I left my house in Hillsboro, MO at 3:00 am this morning and drove to Richmond, I got there about 5 1/2 hours later. Went through the swap meet, museum and annex three times, had lunch and an ice cream, then it was back on the road home for another 5 1/2 hours. I got home in time for a late supper.

Steve, I saw you at the start of one of your picture taking classes, but didn't get a chance to say hello. I did say hello to Jack Daron in the swap meet.

I'll post all of the pictures that I took on my Facebook page, and will post some here on the forum after I adjust their file sizes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

Here are a few of mine, I picked these because they fit within the forum's file size limit without me having to adjust them. :-)

pic01

pic02

pic03

pic04

pic05

pic06

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Partington on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Every time I see young Ted's Speedster there is a different girl aboard. That car or is it Ted that is the Chick Magnet? Barb keep an eye on that boy or send him down under for some wise words from Grandpa Doug. Hopefully there will be an Aussie invasion of the Homecoming one year soon. Congrats to all involved at Richmond.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Partington on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

I forgot to add, keep your eyes on the road Ted!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

In addition to the many fun things the Homecoming had to offer, we had very informative seminars with Steve Jelf, Jerome Hofman, Mike Kossor and Joe Bell. Many thanks to all of them for traveling to Richmond and giving of their time to share their knowledge and talents.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration