Coil box wood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Coil box wood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 11:23 pm:

Well just curious
I bought
"Fun Prodjects" coil box set for the pre 25 box
Will these fit and or be adapted to the 26/7 box
If memory serves the wood main board has spacer wood added to it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

Fun Projects sells a set for the 26 - 27 coil box. They do not interchange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 07:33 am:

Bob, the two aren't even close, nor do I believe could you even make it work. There is definitive differences between the '25 and earlier and '26-7 boxes. I have used both kits and they are first rate. Like anything else, attention to detail is key on install.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 01:50 am:

Ok thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

BUT ...... I. very successfully and easily adapted a Snyder's '26-'27 hardwood coil box kit to a '22...........Fordson.
When you think about it; those white insulators wouldn't work because they'd contact the engine block so I needed the later style.Took minor whittling. I know that wasn't the thread question but I just couldn't resist

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 11:21 pm:

Denture cleaned works great on the white porcelain.
Got a late box with some old wood and I get it taken down and see

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration