Excited about my new find! A 1924 Tudor.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Excited about my new find! A 1924 Tudor.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Friday, June 03, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

More to come!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 12:15 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 12:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 12:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 12:33 am:

Joe, looks like a great find...Congrats and best of luck with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 01:10 am:

Thanks John. Been looking for quite some time now for a pre '26 Sedan. Found what I believe to be a complete, mostly original car with some period accessories, barn find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 08:54 am:

Looks great. Would love to see more pics and the story behind it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 09:29 am:

Nice 24! Looks to mostly untouched other than maybe a repaint? Other than that pretty much been sitting and waiting for you. One of those cars that was lucky enough to be kept out of the weather 'in the barn' and not out behind it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 10:09 am:

Very clean, straight body. It does look to have been repainted at some point. Have no idea when, but actually still looks pretty good. Other than that, looks pretty original with many period accessories such as; bumpers, front leaf spring, water pump, floor board heater, auto windshield wiper, dash clock, dual tail lights, and steering wheel lock. Will post accy. pics soon. Been looking for quite some time now for a sedan within my budget, local, and with clear title. No luck on MTFCA, Hemmings, Model T Haven, and even a bad experience on e-bay! Followed this ad on MO. craigslist for about a year now. Original asking price was steep, but was local and had clear title, so eventually called to take a look. Seller was a real nice guy with many beautiful projects, just not a Ford T guy. Settled on a very fair price. Can't confirm with any written proof, but seller said he was 3rd owner. He purchased from estate of 2nd owner, supposedly the son of the original purchaser, all here in Missouri. The 1947 plate leads us to believe may have been stored since then. Sure looks like it. Thanks to all MFTCA for support and great info!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 10:13 am:

I didn't realize that a '24 had a cowl-mounted fuel tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 10:20 am:

Congratulations! Lots of fun ahead. Enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 10:37 am:

Very nice find. Didn't early sedans have a fresh air cowl vent before they put the fuel tank there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 10:38 am:

John Codman, that is an air vent to interior. Fuel tank is under drivers seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

What a good solid looking project to find and to start on for sure. I would like to find a model T stored in that shape. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Boy! If I had bought that car and after looking at it again and again I would be hard pressed to just clean it up nicely, get it running, replacing only whats absolutely necessary and drive it like it is for a while!
By the looks of it I bet the wheels are still good enough to drive on.

It can always be 'restored' but their only this way once. Enjoy it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

I have a '19 Touring, had a '20 Coupe and '25 Fordor and have a '27 Tudor.
The Tudor is my favorite by far.
Even with the cowl mounted gas tank the car still vents pretty well through the filler door.
If you're a taller fella with long legs the Tudor is the only one in which you can move the seat back one hole which makes a world of difference....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

john kuehn, that is exactly what I plan on doing. It won't take much, previous owner had it running and adjusted the trans bands. At most, I'll put a sheet over the seats, and go to town!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 09:57 am:

Thanks Joe, I (obviously) didn't know that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Great find Joe. I didn't know how nice it is to own a Tudor until the other day when I took mine out into 40 degree weather. It was windy and raining off and on. I felt sorry for the folks in their open cars while I sat in total comfort. Until then I was thinking of selling my sedan. Not any more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 10:44 am:

Nice car Joe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

Thanks all. I've had a Touring for 20 years, been looking forward to a Sedan. Michael, glad to hear you're keeping yours. As soon as it was sold, you'd end up missing it for sure! Had to make room in the garage, but well worth it. Looking forward to all of the good tips and info from the MTFCA guys here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

Nice looking Tudor. I have a 25. The 24 and 25 are nearly identical. The rear fenders on the 25 are a little different, with the 25's tipping up slightly on the end, the front fender beading is different on some 25's as well There are some other differences, like the use of wood in the late 25 doors. All of these differences are minor though. Please keep us posted as you go along.

Enjoy your 'Black Era" Tudor, they have a character all their own.

Charles

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration