Old Photo - Model T Era - The White Way, Clintonville, Wis.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - The White Way, Clintonville, Wis.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 09:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 09:55 am:

These are my favorite photo's, showing the slow transformation from horse and wagon to cars

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

Interesting ornate street lights. Notice the "GRAND", must be a theater, notice the lodge (Masonic?) sign in the upper floor, and it has it's own set of lights by the curb too. Many Lodge buildings had a theater on the ground floor, helped pay for the building's upkeep.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

My 'home town' HS alma mater! The original (and still home) of FWD Corp. (Four-Wheel-Drive), and now including Seagrave Fire Trucks. Here's a short clip on what Terry Bradshaw had to say:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/617491.html?1455989733

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 12:57 pm:

By the way, the street is now known as 'Main Street', and is looking north. The movie theater was converted to a furniture store, the tower building (served as 'the cop shop' in the 60's), the space between there and the 'Marson Hotel' is the Pidgeon River. 'The Shack' (pool hall) was located in the building before the Cop Shop. 'Lehman's Popcorn Stand' became a fixture of it's own to the right at that alley entrance where crates are stacked. Lotsa memories! Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

HERE is the Terry Bradshaw clip about Clintonville. My apology. Marv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMzuF_afC2A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Would be neat if someone could take a picture today from the same location and post it here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

David,

Here it is looking the same direction,

The building behind the "Grand" sign in the old photo is the one with the rather crude arrow I made. The Model T was at the curb in the left of the new picture where the small "A" frame sign is on the sidewalk.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

David - A good idea! Perhaps I'll have to take a drive with my bride back over there this summer. Clintonville is about 45 miles west of Green Bay, and I've not been back there since our 50-year reunion a few years ago. Some friends have also remained 'local', and it is always enjoyable to meet up again...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration