2016 Montana 500

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 2016 Montana 500
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

Looks like 3 weeks to finish buttoning up those T's for the run in Dillon, MT. I see Tom Carnegie had a short story published in the VF. Any drivers this year slapping $20 on the bar for the fastest Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

Racers Beware !!

Hagerty has now added a Racing Exclusion for Washington.

II. PART A- LIABILITY COVERAGE
EXCLUSIONS is amended as follows:
The following exclusion is added:
We do not provide Liability Coverage for
any “insured”:
a. Who is involved in any prearranged,
organized, or spontaneous race or
who is involved in:
1. preparation for a race of this
type, but only while in any pit
area, on the track or racecourse
or its entrance or exit lanes; or
2. practicing or qualifying for a
race of this type.
A race includes any contest for speed
or endurance, whether against
another competitor or against a time
measuring device.

Check your policy.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

Thanks for the heads up Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

Mike, where do I get my T-shirt with the logo?

Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

Scott, they aren't available right now, should be ready in a week. Send me an Email, and I'll let you know when they are ready.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

Roostercharters@aol.com
I'm from Big Sky and would love to get one.
Please
Let me know and how.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

That logo looks great. I would love a T shirt but absolutely refuse to have a shirt unless I can come and get it myself. Definitely on my program to make it one day but kids education is getting in the way at the moment. Good luck with the final preparations and stay safe on the roads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

Make the trip and tell those kids to pay for their own school ! In fact, make them pay for your
trip ! Haven't you been paying THEIR way now long enough ??? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

Mike, will you take orders in advance? I will be in Dillon for the race as a spectator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 02:32 am:

Burger,

Are you going to attend ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

Whoa! Logo is '60s trippin'!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Ya David, I thought I got on the wrong site when I saw that logo. Hope it says Model T Ford on it somewhere. Cool Logo though

I'm putting a little of that Mother's Wax on the Red Roadster so maybe it'll slide thru the air a little faster??

Mike, do you or Tom have a guess for how many cars will be there. I'll be bringing up some Mothers goodie bags of samples and some winners buckets. I want to make sure I have enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

Just thought I would add this.

Inspection day will be June 19th. The endurance run will start on the 20th and go through the 22nd. There will be an optional tour on Thursday, the 23rd.

Base hotel will be the Comfort Inn.

Website

http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/indexnonrefresh.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

Thanx for the info Chris. Gene, I expect 25 or so in the trophy division. Probably < 10 in the touring division.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Bob, I looked at the Hagerty's policy. It appears to me that that the exclusion does not apply to the Montana 500. It says (this exclusion does not apply while "your covered auto" is: )

Involved in an organized event on open, public roads while operating within legal speed.

It is against the rules to speed in the Montana 500, so as long as you are following the rules, you should be OK. I would check with my agent to be sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

Tom,

Thanks for the clarification. I will check with Hagerty as well to make sure we are not splitting hairs too finely.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charles oakland on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Mr Carnegie. I wonder if this would pertain to the speedsters during a run. I have Chubb. Thank you for your consideration in this matter. Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Chuck,

Talking about having a chubb on a public forum seems in questionable taste .....

Jim,

Will I be there for the 500 ?

I attend the weekly meetings and you know, these guys refuse to expand the racing to include
a special TT event, often rolling their eyes and scoffing at such a suggestion !

I have been seeing a therapist to work out my feelings of rejection and being "unheard".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

Chuck, my gut reaction is that the Hagerty insurance would cover you in a speedster event. I believe that many of the collector car insurance companies would not. I don't know about Chubb. I would call my agent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

Scott, No need for an advance order if you'll we in Dillon. There should be plenty of tees at the run.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

Mike, I've got an extra $20 here I'm bringing just so I can be in your game!

I don't have any fancy flames on the Red Roadster like you do but I did put some Mothers Wax on it. A rookie like me needs all the help I can get. hee hee

CYA There!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

Gene,
Unfortunately you won't see Me or Jillian. Jillian has a Business meeting in Minneapolis the week of the Montana 500. She can't take the kiddos and my Mom (Babysitter #1) will be driving her T in the 500. The other Grandma (Babysitter #2) is working and can't watch the kids, so I am left to watch a 2 year old and a 3 month old. I thought for 1/2 a second of bringing them but, decided it wouldn't be right to dump a couple of kids off on the timers for a week, they have enough going on. So, as much as I'd like to go, the timing just didn't work out this year. My 15 year consecutive MT500 streak will be broken.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

Hey Tom, If you and Jillian aren't there the only guys to try and catch will be Tom and Garrett!

I can offer my younger brother, Craig, to baby sit since he'll be coming along with me and my mechanic Grandson, Chanler, this year.

Sorry to hear the news and I hate to not get that 20 bucks from ya! I'll really miss those Cool Flames

I hear those Iowa Farm Boys are going to push the pack this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Milton Roorda on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 03:56 pm:

Leaving early Thursday morning stopping in Tenn. to pick up George hope to be in Dillon Sunday morning. Representing Florida again this year.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Been working on the car all weekend, ready for the checkered flag to drop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

Take care and Have a Safe Trip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Milton Roorda on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

Thank you Gene.
Above post should have said green flag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

We all hope to see that Checkered Flag at the end with nobody in front of us too!

It's a real fun time driving T's in some beautiful country and we hope nobody breaks down or runs out of gas.

If you have never tried it you should.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 06:43 pm:

Hey Milt, Hope you have found some speed for your machine since last outing? Your times looked like you were in the 'tour class! Only joking. Have a great time and stay safe. Please post lots of pictures of the cars and that beautiful scenery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 06:49 pm:

So Tom are you going to run one of the new "New Day" timers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 01:38 am:

I doubt that I will make it to the 500 this year even tho it is only 100 miles from me. I just got home from an auction we have been working on for months, am headed to Highriver, Alberta for the 75th anniversary T races and have two auctions in Billings the weekend of the 24 and 25th that I probably will need to go baby sit for a day or two.

I just thought I would mention tho, that due to the legislature getting tired of driving slow in Montana the Interstate speed limit is now 80 and the two lane speed limit is now 70 so you hot foot guys may have to slow down a little.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 10:04 am:

Royce, I plan to run an Anderson style timer. Last year Mike Robison ran one of the new New Day timers and it performed marvelously for him, but I have had such good luck with the Anderson style that I don't see a reason to change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 01:02 pm:

I have close to 100 miles on the one you sent me. Looks good so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 02:32 am:

Has there been an internet ban implemented by new Montana President Kim Sung
Do blocking reports of the race developments ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 10:36 am:

Probably won't hear anything until this evening when times are compiled.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration