Spare tire carrier

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Spare tire carrier
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Santilla on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

Hello, I have a 1926 roadster pickup that I would like to build a spare tire carrier for. I made a carrier for it at one point but was unhappy with it so I now carry the spare in the truck bed. I would appreciate some of your ideas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

Bob
I can post some pictures of the original Ford side mount pickup truck spare tire carrier tonight. The drawback is you do lose the use of the drivers door

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Sunday, June 05, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

Try this link to an earlier forum thread.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/254717.html?1324853036

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Santilla on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 10:23 am:

I appreciate all your responses. There are some real good ideas given. I am mildly surprised though that there were no mention of going to a mount in the left front fender like the model A's have. I say this because that is what I am considering. But I have to admit the original is very appealing. Thank you all!!! Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Langs has a reproduction of the original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 10:34 am:

If you haven't got any bumper in the rear, it may be possible to build a couple of brackets that holds the spare under the bed?

I have it on my homemade primitive pickup - only thing I had to add after some time was an end pipe on the muffler that diverts the hot exhaust from the tire - when I needed to use the spare once last summer, it had a bulb showing cord delamination from heat, but with the new end pipe there are no more problems :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration