June 6th

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: June 6th
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 08:43 am:

Happy June 6th to you Swedes out there, And let us not forget the sacrifices of the brave men who stormed the beaches of Normandy 72 years ago!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 09:29 am:

Amen to that but all we hear is about the greatest draft dodger!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 10:23 am:

Tack, men jag är Svensk-Amerikanska: vad är den 6: e juni?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 11:39 am:

Thank's Roar.
Yes its The National Day of Sweden. Unfortunately I'm out of the country at the moment, but close (Norway). We have an other celebration coming up in Sweden in a few weeks, the Midsummer eve. Its kind of a national day to.
Grattis Sverige !
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

What Ken and Roar said and more that I can't say here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

I just did a trivia question and even with multi choice only 51% knew the D day invasion was called Opp overlord!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

Back when we fought wars to end a problem. It took less than a year to scorched-earth one
of the greatest fighting forces the world has ever known from the planet. Today, we can't mop
up some ragtag camel herders after 15 years in AFG. WTF ?

My Grandfather would have said "That guy could not find his ass, even using BOTH hands !"

Thank goodness our leaders know their priorities, like using the Justice Department to advocate
men using the women's bathroom ! :-)

I suspect even FDR would have shaken his head in disbelief.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Nice to know I am not the only one upset with what is going on in America!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

Same here, Paul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

No one gives a crap! How many now know that every Man Woman and Child has a duty to this country that they might be called on to pay?? This current war will never end as long as people are making money off it. Bring back the draft! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 08:39 pm:

R. V.,
On June 6th, 1523, King Gustav Vasa was elected king after a union with Denmark/Norway, the Kalmar Union under Queen Margareta of Denmark, so Sweden regained its independence. Norway stayed in the union with Denmark until 1814, however, Norway signed its own Constitution, the next oldest one after the U. S., in 1814 on the 17th of May, and that date is seriously celebrated in Norway. Sweden had sided with Britain in the Napoleonic wars, and Denmark with France, so when Napoleon lost big, the punishment for Denmark was to take Norway from Denmark and hand it to Sweden. Too bad they left Greenland, Iceland and the Faeroe Islands with Denmark. They used to be part of Norway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

Tack, jag har lärt mig något!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

Så bra!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

http://www.history.com/speeches/eisenhower-broadcasts-d-day-invasion-order

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 02:51 am:

What Roar, Ken and Fred said! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 07:24 am:

Ditto, David. Too many pussy's in Washington for my good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 08:47 am:

I agree with Rolf, mid summers eve is a more popular holiday so it could even be called an informal national day of Sweden. June 6:th was introduced as the day of the flag in 1916 and remained so until some (out of touch IMHO) politicians promoted it to National Day in 1983.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration