1950 Ford at Homecoming

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1950 Ford at Homecoming
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

Does anyone have the story on the 1950 Ford at Homecoming? It was parked up on the lawn at the end in front of the museum. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

Wes, the 1950 belongs to Harry Daw from Troy, MO. It was originally his father's car.

If you want to contact him, I can message you his contact info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

Wes, the 1950 was my grandfather's. My dad and a Doctor in Iowa did the restoration. It was in pretty good condition when they started. Took it to the garage today. It had no brakes when we went to unload it at the museum. I live in Troy, Mo. My grandfather lived between Wayland and Kahoka, Mp. The reason for bringing it was to show the progression from the quad that my dad built replica of Henry's 1896 quad and the 1950 when Ford made major styling changes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 12:21 am:

That's why I like mechanical brakes! Them new-fangled hydraulic brakes will never catch on!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

Finding it hard to get some of the brake parts needed. Macs show all needed parts in their catalog like a new master cylinder. Have not ordered from them before and am a little concerned after seeing a negative post on here about them. Hope I get good service from them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Dennis Carpenter or maybe NAPA would be a good place to look for your parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Dennis Carpenter or maybe NAPA would be a good place to look for your parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Harry, Before you buy from Macs, check out Dennis Carpenter for pricing. When I bought my 50 this spring, the owner had just replaced the master with a single service one, I would recommend upgrading to a dual service master. I don't know how critical originality is with you, ( you have a beautiful car) but I feel a dual master is safer if your car is a driver. I'm still getting used to mine. JMHO Wes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 10:39 pm:

I get all my early V8 stuff from C&G in Escondido, Ca.
I have bought from them for several years.
They are prompt, knowledgable and good quality parts.
The people that work there also own old Fords.
Order phone line is:800-266-0470.
If you need tech help call them at:760-871-0445

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

Thanks for the leads guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Friday, June 10, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

Talked to the mechanic this morning. He has all the parts except one kit and will have it Tuesday. My knee made it impossible for me to work on it myself. Saw the doctor this morning and he is starting me on a new path that I hope helps.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration