1924 TT Bed Parts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1924 TT Bed Parts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McQuiston on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Folks,
I recently purchased a barn find 1924 TT stake truck and I am looking for leads regarding bed parts. Any sources?

Thanks,

John McQuiston
248-245-3466

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 03:31 pm:

You're not going to find much in reproduction, but most of the parts dealers have old stuff that isn't listed in their catalogues. It doesn't hurt to ask. There are also folks like Ron Paetz, the Neunhoffers, Mike Petersen, and others who deal mostly or only in used parts. Also attend swap meets and auctions. At the latter, if you know your stuff, you can sometimes buy an item for next to nothing because nobody else knows what it is. An ad in the classifieds will sometimes find the part you want, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

As Steve said, too few people want an icky old TT to warrant much repop stuff. Used, or make-it-yourself
is how it works. I have two very stock trucks for reference, if you need info or measurements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 04:34 pm:

It might help to specify what you are looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McQuiston on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

Andy,

I am looking for the bed frame, bed runners, bolt hardware, upright stakes. My bed frame has some areas where I don't think they can be restored. Too much material is gone from some of the cross members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brandon Jungmeyer on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

This might work for you. Say's for a 28' or later but looks similar to my 26 TT Bed.
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/5614187902.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 10:01 pm:

I wouldn't settle for an AA bed. It may take awhile to find a TT bed, but they're out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 01:38 am:

I'm sure the bed that Brandon posted is a TT, and looks to be a VERY nice one. As I recall, all of the beds after the TT's just had "Ford" on the back instead of "Ford Truck". They were all very similar for years, up into the '70's at least I think, maybe longer, with changes in dimensions, but the same basic style. Don't forget, the TT beds were also made in two different widths. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 07:48 am:

Looking at the pictures in the ad, I think Dave may be right about the bed being misidentified. Here's a TT bed I got from Model T Haven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 09:17 am:

In the Vintage Ford publication there is a add that says they have plans and hardware for truck cab and box .There name is Wagon works E-mail wagonwork2@aol.com ph 515 964 5085 evenings .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration