Never have seen this before........

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Never have seen this before........
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 04:02 pm:

Electric trailer brakes on the front wheels only!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-/252410033335?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ac4 cf74b7:g:FGkAAOSwgtJXTsX3&item=252410033335

Wonder how well that idea works?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Boe on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

Jesus, look at that Rube Goldberg device attached where the sediment bowl should be. I also wonder about that belt driven alternator in use with a generator block off plate. The wiring and that extra switch under the dash...... I NEED this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

I wonder where the water heater is located? He's got all the gas valves in there!

I have wondered about electric brakes myself but have been told they tend to be binary when applying. My trailer brakes seem to confirm that hypothesis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 09:16 am:

Looks like a pretty good starting point for someone wanting a tudor. The price isn't too bad either for a running car. I'm just wondering where all the modifications and "upgrades" are. Might be a heck of a project to return to original equipment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 09:46 am:

Yea it would be a fine car as long as it's running good, but I would hate to have to come behind someone else and troubleshoot a problem with all those modifications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 10:26 am:

I didn't see any type of variable resistor in the trailer brake set up which means if they are activated they will go to full power Lock up front wheels.....doesn’t sound good to me :-(

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration