OT - poor man's GoPro, an action cam option

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - poor man's GoPro, an action cam option
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, June 06, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

While looking for GoPro action camera options for videotaping old car events, I came across mounts for Smart phones.

Below is a $17 phone mount, with my iPhone 5 clamped in. It doesn't have the stabilize feature of a GoPro, but my understanding is that the iPhone 6plus does have a video stabilize feature. This might be a good alternative for those of us with (not so)smart phones. The mount fits on standard GoPro mounting hardware.

Phone clamp:

With phone:

Still from iPhone video:

I don't expect anyone to watch the ten minute video, but a video clip I took Saturday evening with the iPhone. Imagine twenty or thirty of these on different cars at the Old Car Festival during the Gaslight Parade:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/isjhp93154svnaj/Video%20Jun%2006%2C%203%2040%2013%20PM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 07:24 am:

All I can say is WOW... I never thought about that.It is one great idea for a hometown parade also....Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 08:43 am:

Maybe some foam over the microphone is in order but a good idea. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

G.R., I've noticed with either GoPro or iPhone the wind noise is bad. I may have to look into an external mic, although I have no experience with them.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration