3 1/2 year ground up restoration done! I call it the car the forum built because you where such a big help! 1912 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 3 1/2 year ground up restoration done! I call it the car the forum built because you where such a big help! 1912 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

3 1/2 year ground up restoration done! I call it the car the forum built because you where such a big help! I have been looking forward to this day where I can debut 'Chester' my 1912 Model T. (Name comes from the Disney movie, 'The Kid'. The Kid always wanted a dog named Chester. Later in life he finally got his dog. I always wanted a brass T without doors. And I got it - somewhat late in life - thanks to goal setting, perseverance and wonderful wife and a grateful heart to God!- and I would like to thank the Academy - sorry couldn't resist.)

I know it is not all original and I do not mind you picking it apart as I might replace parts now and then so someday when I sell it , it will be more desirable.

Thank you for your help then and now.

Truthfully, I had so many challenges that I would have seriously considered selling it along the way! But an old Amish lady once said, "something worth restoring, is something worth fixing." Glad I persevered.

I will post pictures of my first show June 18th. It will be interactive with interesting facts about the Model T and on lookers can take a picture of themselves with a stache on a stick! lol

There are a few other pictures on Robert Poane Facebook.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:10 pm:

Bigger pictures on Facebook.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

bigger pix - I feel like a proud grandpa! lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:17 pm:

You did a great job, looks great! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

another one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

another one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

one more last one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

That is a BEAUTIFUL car. great job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

Great job!
Looks like you have started collecting for #2 by the side of the driveway - a radiator and a wheel. We know they do multiply in the garage :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

Thank you Dennis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:29 pm:

I suppose I should show the before pix, not like you haven't seen this before!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

the rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

So nice !! Very high quality restoration, congrads ~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

Robert, Chester looks fantastic! All you need to do for now is turn your gas headlamp burners "sideways"...that will give them the proper flame appearance. Did you do the painting yourself and what kind of paint did you use?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

Nice work Robert!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

Thank you guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

Holy cow! That is beautiful. Another one saved!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

The only thing I see to pick at about is that I don't have anything nearly that nice!
Be proud of it, and of your accomplishment.
Do drive carefully, and get out there and enjoy that beautiful car!
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Robert, it's obvious you've put your heart'n soul into that project AND IT SHOW'S. That's a inspiration for all the rest of us as to what can be done, ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

I wish you lived closer. We would be proud to have your car on our tours! :-) You did a very good job, and very fast too! It took me 9 years to finish mine.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

Nice Job, you should be very proud! Where's your 1st show?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

Thanks you for the kind words!

The show is called the Cooptown car show in Jarrettsville, Maryland. I do not know why it is called Cooptown if it is in Jarrettsville. But I will find out next week. It is sponsored by a church and I hear it has a good turn out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

Wow, it looks great! Congratulations, and enjoy.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 09:59 pm:

Robert; There has been a lot of chatter lately on this forum about the blue color of the 12 model T. The color looks perfect as midnite blue should be. Is the color on your car as it appears in the pictures, and if you don't mind sharing the paint manufacturer, color name and number and or the formula that you used to paint that beautiful car!!!!!!!!!!!! Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 12:09 am:

Robert-
Very nice work.
Turn your headlamp burner 90 degrees.
I hope you restored the fore-doors, too!
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 05:59 am:

Don't worry about any one picking it apart, you only have to please yourself,looks great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 06:17 am:

Robert - Great Job! Looks far different than when I was in your garage last fall looking at the parts scattered all around!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 07:48 am:

Robert, You did a nice job!! I didn't realize that you are close to me. I would like to come over and see your car sometime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Wow, very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

Frank: the color is a beautiful blue. Close to the picture on my monitor. I do not think it is midnight blue because it looks too blue, but still dark, maybe navy blue or Washington blue? I color matched the blue from a friend who restores 1912 and builds 12 bodies.

Keith: thanks for the burner advice.

Peter: I hope to tour with you guys sometimes. Jim Golden keeps us informed of tours and activities Maryland Chapters do with Delaware. It will be nice to meet you some day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

Very nice, thanks for sharing. You must be happy that you stuck with the project to completion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 11:41 pm:

What a sweety before starting!
Now? Beautiful!
Beautiful blue. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 12:15 am:

Great job, it is a work of art.
Congratulations!

Rod

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration