26 Roadster/Pickup Body Blocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 26 Roadster/Pickup Body Blocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Mueller on Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

I did a ton of searching and reading when trying to correctly install the wood body blocks on my 26 Roadster pickup. I took these pics to see if anyone can verify these are correct, and for anyone else who needs to know where to place them. I couldn't find any pics like this when I was trying to figure it out. Hope this helps someone else down the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 08:22 am:

Thank you Sean, I did my blocks just like yours on my 26 Pickup. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Sean

You'll need to remove that little block at the firewall bracket. No wood there, just metal to metal body bracket to frame bracket. Wood there will lift the front of the body up. The front small body bracket is in line with the wood surface of the larger blocks (C) that fill the sub frame channel.

There is small wood pieces (B) up inside the very front body in the sub frame. That wood is just there to place wood screw through the front top of the splash shield for anti-rattle.

Original wood blocks, they are secured to the sub frame with screws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Mueller on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 02:00 pm:

Those small blocks are for the hood shelf, not the body. The front body mounts are wood free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

Looks like the four hood shelf blocks are upside down. That would also put them on the wrong sides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Mueller on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

Thanks Dennis, Good to know on the HS blocks. That's easy enough to fix. You are saying the DADO groove and the recessed hole face down correct?

Dan - I'll have to check on the "B" blocks from your picture. I don't know if I have those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 05:05 pm:

Sean, yes, the grooves face down. That is there to run the headlight wires through. The recessed or counter bored hole goes down. The hood clip springs set in those pockets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

Sean

You have those "B" blocks, yours are setting on the frame brackets along side the running board braces. Just noted that the blocks are placed in the sub frame channels first, fitted there, then when you lower the body on the frame, the blocks are in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 03:38 am:

Here's an article that also explains the 26/27 body blocks:
http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/body%20blocks/BodyBlock.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Mueller on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 08:35 am:

Roger, that is the pictureless link I've seen many times over that inspired my post with photos of the blocks in their actual locations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

Yep. Thanks for the illustration, Sean :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration