Old Photo - Model T Era Roadside Store

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era Roadside Store
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 10:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Well the beer is from Jacksonville Fl. and was brewed until about 1955 or so... wonder where this place was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 10:55 am:

The JAX brewery in New Orleans was still open in the 1970's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 11:30 am:

Looks a little bit like Fort Lonesome, FL. Not quite the same but similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 11:48 am:

That's my kinda store:
Barbeque
Cold beer
Ice Cream
Hires Root Beer
"Grape" Hehi
and GAS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 11:52 am:

Melrose, La.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Photo taken June 1940. Used as the basis for a painting in which an old truck was placed in front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

Royce When I was still in high school a buddy ask me and some others to help hem load square bale hay from the field and stack in his barn . As you will know when you are hay hauling in Texas it's HOT. Soon we were all needed a drink . The only thing he had for us to drink was HOT JAX , never again .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

In the 70s, I bought warm Jax 99 cents a sixpack at the Foodway in Santa Fe. The bag of ice cost almost as much as the beer, but it was still cheaper than other beer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration