Mac's Auto Parts is moving

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mac's Auto Parts is moving
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 11:19 am:

Mac's is moving their warehouse location to Florida later this month JFI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 11:54 am:

http://www.lockportjournal.com/news/local_news/pink-slips-going-out-at-mac-s-ant ique-auto-parts/article_e9aa9ed4-b0a0-55b0-8a03-f9bbf1f3a96e.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Actually, it looks like another fine case of a distant business buying up the local business, and
with no ties or concerns for what that "local" means TO the locals, pulls up stakes and takes the
business elsewhere.

Mac's is no longer Mac's. It is Ecklers, and Ecklers don't care about nothing but the bottom
line.

Business on parade ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

I stopped doing any business with Mac's long ago. Screw me once and I can blame to company, Screw me twice and I only have myself to blame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

Well, maybe they'll get more friendly and customer oriented people to answer their phones when they get to their new location. I doubt they could find worse ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

Another reason to support our FAMILY owned vendors...Lang's, Chaffin's, etc.,and the (I think) sole employee manufacturers/vendors who post here...really too many to mention - and I don't want to offend by accidentally omitting some.

Bigger is not necessarily better. Those with a T in their garage seem to care more about a quality product.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

actaully Ecklers Industries is buying up alot of catalog companies FORD, GM MOPAR,etc and moving them down to Titusville,FL main distribution center

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

It matters little to me, as I swore off Mac's a couple of decades ago when bad service was by snail mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

With the popularity of cars in the 50's, 60's and 70's rising Ecklers is probably trying to corner the market along with the antique line of parts they sell.
I guess they are going where the money is moving and that's probably the classic car lines.

The number of car restoration shows and auto auctions where cars in the 50's-70's era are popular is big business these days.

I hope Dennis Carpenter stays a family company as long as they can. He's a Ford fan that started the company and built a nice organization.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

John unfortuneatly Carpenter industries has been going overseas (CHINA JUNK) for their suppliers in the last 5+year now.. They are not using the USA made vendors anymore..cheap product more money in their pockets....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Yea, the last stuff I bought for a 8n ford tractor repair from Carpentors was in the same box that is sold at Tractor supply.Made in china. I am kinda soured at them as the side window felt and vent window parts I bought from them in 2001 for my f100 are rotten worse than the 1's I removed. Started rotting about 4 years after I put them on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

I decided to give them a try again early this year.
Just like the old Mac's, they sent me an email 6 days later to tell me they were processing my order.
I ordered some shoulder bolts for the hood on my F1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 09:36 pm:

Just for comparison, my typical experience with Lang's (in Massachusetts) is like this: I place an order on Monday morning. Later that day I receive an email telling me it has been shipped. On Wednesday afternoon it's in my mail box in Kansas. It is typically shipped in the smallest possible package, in the least costly way. Most of the parts dealers provide equally efficient service. I see no need to deal with an outfit that can't get its act together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

Several years ago I called them a couple of times to order some EV8 parts. Found it ironic that you call only to wind up waiting on hold for way longer than you should have to while listening to a recording bragging about their super efficient new warehouse and supply chain. Then, as mentioned above, it doesn't even ship until several days later. From point of contact, I receive my orders from Lang's before Mac's even gets theirs out the door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

When I bought my 63 Ford Galaxie a while back I was looking for parts suppliers and the catalogs.
Carpenters and whats now Eckelers has probably the most selection of parts.
A few others are out there also. I guess we are at the mercy of some of these companies unless you find NOS or wrecking yards that still have the cars.
Plastic and molded interior parts are usually no good after 40-50 years in the sun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

I deal almost exclusively with Lang's and I've had the same experience as Steve. Approximately two months ago I ordered a length of woven wire loom covering from Mac's because at the time I couldn't find it anywhere else. I have to say that their service was very quick. A few days after I received the order they sent me an email survey asking how their service was, and or, how they could improve. I guess I must have lucked out.

I also read in this months Hemmings Motor News that Mr. Eckeler had recently passed away.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 07:13 am:

In defense of Dennis Carpenter, a few years ago I supplied Dennis Carpenter with an original set of 56 Ford parking light housings. He was visiting my place, and saw I had a few 56's and parts. He was looking for an original pair for patterns and told me right out that he was going to have them made in China. Dennis said he wanted me to know that before I supplied him with my original ones which I thought was very honest. He explained the cost of doing them here would double the cost of what he is asking for them now, and would not be feasible to sell them at that price. He explained that his competition was selling their China made parts for less than what it cost him to have them made here. I am sure that he has had to make more parts there to be competitive. You know with the majority of people shop price over quality. Dennis gave me a set of these parking lights when they were done. Comparing with a NOS pair I have, they look right on, and the chrome is better than the NOS. A little known fact is Dennis also has a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 07:25 am:

I haven't bought from Mac's for years but I still get their Model T, Model A and Early V8 catalogs from them. I find the many assembly diagrams quite useful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:50 am:

If you really want to be disappointed try one of Mac's Cartouche upholstery kits.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration