Oil pan wishbone bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Oil pan wishbone bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary j. baker on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 06:12 pm:

Hi;
this bracket on my 26 four dip pan is slightly angled towards the drivers side.is this correct or should it be straight across? thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

It should be straight, it must of been bent (in an accident?) but could be returned straight with a little heat an a lot of force.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 06:25 pm:

Gary
Have you checked your pan for straightness. Lots of them are bent. Your wishbone bracket sounds bent to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 09:50 am:

Depending how bent it really is, it may not be an issue worth correcting. However, as Les suggests, you may want to check out the pan straightness as this flaw may suggest that the car has been hit at some time and the pan may also be bent in other, less innocent, areas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:45 am:

I made a tool to check 4 dip pan sockets for straightness. I made it from a scrap rear pan horseshoe, and welded a ball and bracket to it. 4 dip pans are often bent in that area, and should be checked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

Any photos of your tool available Larry ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

A quick way to get a idea on the condition of a pan is with a 4' level. Lay it on the block "rails" and it should lay nicely on the pan flanges back by the transmission with no gaps. Any gaps and it needs to be straightened

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration