Identify this year year?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Identify this year year?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Menkhaus on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 10:17 am:

A co-worker of mine just pasted this pic of her on Facebook and stated it as a 1907 Ford, which of course is incorrect. I know it's early, but not 1907! Any thoughts as to what year (and maybe who owns it?)

1907 Model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:06 am:

I think either 9 or 10 but is it Canadian? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Menkhaus on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:11 am:

Not sure, from this morning at a Meet in Illinois.. she said about 20 Model T's were present...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:29 am:

I recognize that car. 1909 owned by Arthur R. Bergstrom from Beecher, Illinois.

I saw being driven all over during it the 2010 AACA National Meet in Louisville, KY.

The first four photos below were taken at Churchill Downs. The last two photos were taken inside the convention center during judging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:33 am:

For ease of comparison:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:40 am:

The fact that it's a 1909 makes 1907 an understandable typo or error. Good-looking car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Menkhaus on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:42 am:

WOW!!! That's the one! Thanks! I tried searching for what event is going on today in Elgin, Ill (figured it had something to do with MidWest T's) but couldn't find anything yet..

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

NOW THERE IS A BLAST FROM THE PAST.
Arthur's name rang a bell as soon as I saw it here.

The car was featured in the MTFCI. Model T Times July - August 1971. Great article on the cars restoration.
I remember a quote say that "The only thing cleaner than the car was his garage."
Inspiration for me at the time.

Best regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

Here is the actual quote. Not as I quoted ! ( MEMORY ) ??

Best regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 06:23 pm:

The car was also used on the MTFCI recruitment flyer for a number of years as well. Picture.

Best regards, John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

Fenders, fender irons, running boards are all 1910 model. What's the serial number? Registry not a 1909.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

Is that the one where he found the steering column sticking out of the ground?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, June 10, 2016 - 03:52 am:

Herb, yes the article described where the parts were found and that was mentioned.
Yes it was assembled from parts from various donors.
See paragraph attached.
John Page, Australia.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration