Purchased a museum quality Ford T speedster.Need more room to drive safetly.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Purchased a museum quality Ford T speedster.Need more room to drive safetly.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 01:02 am:

Hello. I have a beauty but I cannot fit comfortably to drive on the main roads.I have driven it around the block but the clutch/brake bites into my leg.
It would be great to move the seat back 2 inches and the clutch/brake to the outside.
Anyone have this tight fitting problem before and what were your modifications?
I imagine the brake/clutch lever is made of mild steel since I can bend it quite a bit for some comefort.
I really am nutso about wanting to drive this machine all over.
Sigh.
Regards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 04:00 am:

Mike - Let's see it! How about some photos?

You'll likely get more responses if folks can see what you're dealing with.

Click on my name to see mine. If you want to see more, send me a note.

Good Luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 09:03 am:

You can bend the lever as needed, easy to do. Or you can also shorten that lever, cut and weld.

If rather little space in the cowl/kick panel area, many result to moving the lever outboard. Making a bracket to put the quadrant away from the frame, then lengthen the shaft to the lever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

Thank You Mr. Barker for your response and pictures.
The sitting is tight and not right.
I love what you've done with the brake/clutch handle.
Have you got any close ups.
Cool caryou have there.
Regards,
Mike.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration