Bob Bergstadt of Bob's Antique Auto Parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bob Bergstadt of Bob's Antique Auto Parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:25 am:

Many people Shop at Lang's or Chaffin's or Snyder's or where ever,but don't forget Bob.
Its unbelievable what he has gone through (Family wise) to keep his Business going and to Serve the Hobby.
On a Recent Dealing he went above and beyond duty to help us out.
Please consider Bob's on your next Model T Purchases!

-Don Watson --VERY Satisfied Customer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:28 am:

I second that!!!! Fast delivery and great service!!!!! MG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:29 am:

Have bought from them for years. I second that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:53 am:

I started buying at BOB's back when his Dad had it and Dad was still willing to actually swap his inventory for your inventory...sometimes even up...sometimes with a few bucks here and there. such a deal!

Back then I lived but an hour away and just visiting for a spell on a day off was well worth the ride anyway.

Typing this just jogged my memory...ha ha...I 'think' I still have a set of large drum axle housing halves somewhere that I swapped original Bob even up for a set of ribbed smalls that I had.

Of course while visiting on a pre-arranged 'even up' swap day with Bob, I'd also say do you have any of these? ka-ching because I had not brought anything to else to swap, and have any of those? ka-ching, and I'd leave with an empty wallet and a full trunk! Wow, the other side of that just hit me...that was now 40 years ago give or take...geez.

Loved it...remember those days fondly...continue to buy from young Bob on occasion and always a quick ship with proper stuff...

(Message edited by george_nj on June 11, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A smith on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 11:41 am:

I've been to Bob's a few times.Bought new and used.Always happy with what I buy.I live an hour south and wish I was closer so I could go up and 'volunteer' doing some organizing for him.I stopped in on my way to 'Little Hershey' swap meet and sold him some of my stuff and bought some of his.Some folks were up there a few days earlier looking through radiator shells and left them all over the floor.So I picked them up and stacked them back on the shelves for him.Yes I'll buy more from him,he's close,honest and fair.Plus he's down there pretty much 7 days a week.He and his wife have a lot to keep up with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 03:09 pm:

I began dealing with Bob's some 35 years ago as a 20 year old newbie with a very limited budget. Several times I asked for more obscure items and was told they didn't carry them, but, they mysteriously showed up at my door soon after, presumably when they happened to come across them.

I will also say that through the years I have received excellent service from the other 3 vendors Don mentions. Many thanks to you all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

Thank you to all, I am trying to do what I can, thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

I got to say Bob, you were the only one that could fix me up with a gas tank for the '22 Centerdoor and its a good one. Thanks for all your efforts dealing with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 04:34 pm:

Stopped by after the Little Hershey show. Great, guy and service. Drove away with a trunk full of parts. Will be back for more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Have bought from Bobs and always a good deal..... :-) :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dennis delano on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

is there a website?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

http://www.bobsantiqueautoparts.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 10:33 am:

When I'm in need of a special Model T bolt or some other obscure part, usually Bob has it. Been dealing with Bob Sr. and Jr. for years. His business is amazing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 11:19 am:

I've been a Bob's customer for well over 35 years. At that time Bob Sr. had decided to stay out of the Model A business and stay strictly T. He didn't know me from Adam yet gave me the run of his store as I looked through several thousand boxes of new and used parts.

This was before websites and all receipts were hand written with carbons.

What others have not mentioned is how Bob's manufactures many parts for our hobby. He's the guy who brought us Model T lug nuts and he's the guy who re-introduced them when everyone else ran out of them. I remember his late Dad taking the time to show me their Bridgeport where an operator was taking a ball end mill to new wishbone caps. It was then when I realized that original parts wouldn't last forever and Bob Sr. was taking steps to make sure our cars would keep running.

I personally am delighted that Bob Jr. has kept the business up and running for our sake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 11:41 pm:

Been dealing with BOB'S since my 1st model T mid 80's.
Did some horse trading and we never met face to face yet
We are very lucky that in our hobby have so many great vendors who are more then in it for the money so I say
Thanks to them all

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration