27 Tudor value

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 27 Tudor value
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Harwood on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Due to health issues I am considering selling my T. I bought it 4 years ago and began the restoration. The engine had no compression so I bought a rebuilt a 23 and swapped it out. Here is a video of it running:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDW71Tm65aQ

New items: $800 radiator, all ignition parts, hoses, fuel tank, carburetor, tires, etc.

I made floorboards and found a restored steering wheel.Engine compartmentinteriorPassenger's sideDriver's side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

About $3,000. If it were restored, up to $10,000. The reason I used the low amount is because there are some very good cars for around $10,000 and it would take quite a bit of money to restore that one even doing much of the work oneself.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

I would take it for free because I first would have to get it down from the ceiling! :-)LOL You must have sent the photos from an Iphone or such?
Do you have a title in your name? I think Norman is in the ball park. If you have a title you might start around 3500-4000 range and see where it goes.
RE gas tank, you mean good used?
Ah heck the value just went up! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

Where did you get a new fuel tank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

New tanks for 26-7 Model Ts are not being reproduced. You can cut the side to clean them out or clean with stones and and a rotating table and then seal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 03:03 pm:

Does it run any better if you advance the spark? I would expect a rebuilt engine to run smoother than that, although that could be due to coils, plugs, timer,etc.

If you sell it for half of what you've put into it, count yourself lucky. Unfair, but that's the way things are. I agree with Norm's guess of about three grand, but I'd start around $4500 and come down if necessary. You might get lucky and find a live one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 12:15 am:

the amount of rust out on the splash shield, rear fender and running board would cause me to worry about the body's condition. Better be ready to "haggle" on the price. Otherwise, looks like a great project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 12:22 am:

Haggle, it's on ebay and gone over $3000 now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 01:03 am:

Wow, I didn't realize it was on eBay. I hope the pictures are right-side up! :-) (I'm on dial-up, it would take forever to look at the pics).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 11:18 am:

I think it is now sold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 11:39 am:

The listing is still up and running on ebay and has several day to go. It has reached $3050 and has not met reserve yet, has had two bidders. If the car has in fact has been sold, the seller needs to cancel the bids and pull the ad now.
The link is posted in the classifieds under his name with similar title.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Harwood on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

My T is still available on EBay. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

David D...gosh I didn't think dialup even existed anymore!! You have my sympathy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 03:59 pm:

Sorry Jim, I sent a message to ebay and have this reply. There must be two for sale!!!!
=============================================
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11051.m1831.l3127/7id=41d9881e31714b128a814dc093e 9609c&bu=43031876109&loc=http://www.ebay.com/ulk/start/shop&sojTags=bu=bu

No, I sold it. Thanks

Dear anthony1630,

No, I sold it. Thanks

- nrlynu

Your previous message

Is the original 1927 engine included in the sale?

To: nrlynu
Subject: Vehicle condition: anthony1630 sent a message about Ford: Model T Tudor #222155343066
Sent Date: Jun-17-16 21:25:55 PDT

Dear nrlynu,

Is the original 1927 engine included in the sale?

- anthony1630

Ford: Model T Tudor

=========================================

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

Tim,
Yep, it still exists--sort of, as most internet sites and programs use up so much bandwidth that they won't load. Called the government "high speed for rural areas" number and they told me that "California isn't a rural area!" Gee, don't think they've ever been out here, more rattlesnakes than people in this area! Fortunately I seldom see either! :-)
This forum is great, for folks like me--it actually works!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

OK, tried to go to eBay and search for complete cars only, but I can only seem to search "Ebay Motors" including parts & accessories. Have they modified their search engine, or is my dial-up messing with me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

Tony, Jim listed a fuel tank under "new items", hence my question. I didn't think the improved car tanks were being reproduced either. If they are, I'll be among the first in line to buy one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

I would agree with Norm, having just restored my 1927 Tudor and the fact that it doesn't have an original engine. This car needs LOT of exterior and interior work. I would assume that the engine and transmission need a total rebuild, as well. What condition is the top wood in?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 12:55 am:

I am on dial up and have no issues outer then being slow.
David try loading and using Firefox and then do you search though that engine. Ebay does not work with early versions of Explorer. (It works but really a pain to use)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 01:13 am:

Mark,
I do use Firefox, but this version is getting old and I don't seem to be able to get upgrades downloaded. Not only am I on dial-up, it is VERY slow--about 33K! Phone company may be upgrading the lines pretty soon, within 2 years. I cannot wait!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 02:47 am:

David, I do know your pain! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Harwood on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 07:35 am:

I did not provide the correct info on the gas tank since my memory ?? failed me. The tank is not new. I had the original cleaned and sealed. Thanks for the reminder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 10:49 am:

I checked the listing in the classified and the EBay listing and they are the same car. Why would the seller tell me it was sold. Something fishy here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 07:06 pm:

David D, Don't hold your breath. When I went back to work in the cable industry in 1979, I was told that I would be out of work in TWO years because of the phone company and fiber-optics. I finally quit the cable industry about eight years ago because I was sick and tired of being blamed for breaking promises I did NOT make. Always and again, it is always two years away. I am still waiting. I no longer NEED the job. I am retired (albeit forced retirement).
But I too would like faster internet. I am on DSL! (So they say.) But my download speed is only barely over 100K. Roughly twice the high end of dial-up, or about three times what you have on dial-up.
For our politicians. It is all about the promises. Never about keeping them.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Harwood on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

The question was if the original engine was available. Answer was, "IT ( the original engine) was sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 08:27 pm:

So Tony post a link top the car that you say is sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

HI Wayne,
The reason I think the cables will be replaced is that come July 1 they are supposed to break ground for a huge golf course/resort complex near me. Now all those rich golf people will want communications, and cell coverage here is terrible, so. . . . However, this resort has been promised before; story is the Feds held them up over wetland mitigation (wetlands, up here???). We shall see, but yes, not holding breath, do not like turning blue!

wetlands??? Here???? (BTW, road on left is old wagon road from gold rush days)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Harwood on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 11:18 am:

Sold on eBay. $3750. Thanks for your help

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration