Computer program upgrade

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Computer program upgrade
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

After spending 20 min trying to upload some pictures of parts I planned to sell I decided it was easier to keep the parts. What an ordeal!! Why can't the club upgrade to a program that that uploads easily like craigslist. What would that cost? --maybe I'll donate the money myself if the cost isn't too crazy. ( please don't tell me it's easy to upload pictures to this website)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

Well if you want me to lie,Ok,I will lie,it is so hard to put pics on this site. :-)
Size matters in several things and pic size does here. under 200kb will fit. This pic of a Walbro carb that has a clogged screen is 61 kb
The program works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

OK, I won't tell you what's easy is easy. There are free websites that will resize photos to 250 KB or less. You can Google them, but it's hard, hard, hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 07:08 am:

If you are running Windows this is as easy as it gets...

http://microsoft-powertoys-image-resizer.en.softonic.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 07:11 am:

Just download and install. Once its installed put your cursor on the photo you want to resize. Right click over the picture and select if you want to make it a larger or smaller file. You do not have to rename it. The new size will appear in a duplicate as "medium" "large" or "small".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 07:13 am:

Oops, put the cursor over the photo, right click and left click on "resize". Then the menu will pop up to select the size you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 07:16 am:

Mack quit running alcohol flavoured gasoline through those walbro's and that wont happen !!

I use GIMP but to use it you need to be willing to read a lot! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 07:28 am:

Uh, this was 1 my aunt gave me. I took it apart and took that pic to email her and explain the problem so she won't blow up the new cheapie she bought. Machine runs great now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 09:14 am:

Uh another example, I just cliced this picture of my tomato plants in my raised bed. The Sunsugar yellow cherry tomato to the far left of the bed is 9 feet tall out of the box,it was planted 1.5 feet in the dirt when set out! The next from left is Black cherry, center is Roma,then a Red Cherry and then a Ambrosia Gold. They are catching up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 10:16 am:

Having finally divorced myself from Microsoft computers, I will have to say re-sizing pics on a M.S. computer is not hard at all. Once you load your pics onto the computer, find that picture, do a right click on it and in that menu that pops up will be the word "edit"...now, from here my memory starts to fade, as I use a MAC and am resizing my pics just as easily on this, its just a little bit different sequence. But once you let your fingers do the clicking..you can walk yourself through it fairly easily and quickly. There's just no need to go through those 3rd. party resize programs, most of which are harder than heck to get through.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 11:04 am:

I tend to agree that the web site would benefit greatly if it had some kind of auto sizer. There are individuals that by no fault of their own are not computer literate. This has been an issue for many years and I feel its way past time to rectify the situation. Club members pay dues not only for membership and magazines but to have a forum that can be accessed in all its aspects by all members and not just the membership that have a operating understanding of computers. What is common knowledge for one may not be for another.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 11:27 am:

Most MS office software has, under office tools and program that is called MS Office Picture Manager. This program will allow you to resize the any picture, just by entering a percentage.
Hope this helps, Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

harry!!!!!!!!!!!! i am with you , i am 73 i dont have time for jumping the houpes like others. so they dont get pics from me.i have a gas pump site that is the same way,but others that are just click,click, done. ok i will stop now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 01:23 pm:

Folks,
I'm here on a 33K Dial-Up connection on a 6 year-old computer. Even my old MS program has a "picture manager" where I can just select "compress picture, and there are 4 selection of compression. Before you compress it, it tells me what size in pixels and in bytes it will be. One click, a second to "save as" and then I got online and can download a picture.
I honestly see no big deal on posting pictures here, even with my antiquated programs, connection, and computer knowledge!!
Those with newer computers and connections should have no real problem!
But what do I know?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Charley, I'm older than you and it's easy. I keep telling all you elderly folks who have trouble with this, get some kid to show you how and you'll find out how simple it is, even if you're stuck with Windows. Maybe you'd rather not find out, so you'll have something to gripe about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Mike (or anyone who knows),

In the Microsoft Office Picture Manager screen shot above, it shows how many pixels the picture will be when resized. Great but the forum's requirements are 250KB or less. How do I convert pixels to KB's?

Is there a simple rule of thumb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 02:39 pm:

Don, I just did as you said and over an hour later I am now off the phone and have my computer back. I sure hope the techs didn't do anything.

The site redirected me to a computer fix site and several online techs who each wanted more money to fix problems that I didn't know I had. Sometimes its best to be blind.

I intended to simply download the picture resizer and nothing else. I know you probably didn't go through what I just did but Thanks for trying to help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

G.R, is that an original open valve block? it does not have the ridge (line) an inch or so above the base edge on all the original 1909-10-early 11 blocks I have seen. This was brought up early this year when a photo of a "1909" block was posted. Turned out that the block was a later block, perhaps a 1913-14 block altered to look like an original open valve block. The block on my 1910 has that ridge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

Brian, I was never able to find anything in Windows that would tell me the final file size before clicking OK, like a Mac does.

That's one of several reasons I was delighted to get rid of my Windows laptop. I'm told by Windows users that they just pick a certain percentage reduction for everything, and if some pictures turn out a bit undersize they just live with it. Maybe there's a way in Windows to find that final file size and somebody will tell us about it, but I never found it.

One hint that does help, whichever system you use: limiting the height of an image to 700 to 720 pixels will generally keep it from being too big to fit the screen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

So sorry Gene, I have that on 4 computers and have never had a problem with it. I suppose someone hooked some garbage on that download. Again, sorry you had that problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Could someone explain to Mike Seress, who just posted an ad in classifieds for a 1918 centerdoor,how to post pictures--this happens all the time regardless of how simple many feel the procedure is. I have used simple and the present procedure is not that. My time is too valuable to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

I go to my photo file and open up the photo with Windows Picture Manager, go to the picture tab and scroll down to reszie, go over to the right side of the photo and click on web pages, it will save the photo to fit most web sites like eBay, emails, CL and this site and other forum sites.
Then after I post here, I click on the add attachement, browse and click on the photo I want to use, then upload button and then close. It's there.

Hey, if a blind guy can do it, then most of you should be able to struggle through it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

Robert!!as i said there is better out there.i may not be blind yet,but jump,jump, jump.????????????????????????????????????????????. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 02:08 am:

Harry I just timed resizing a picture. I didn't rush. 47 seconds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 11:33 am:

not to argue but if it's 47 seconds per picture that really adds up. Everybody seems to have a different method. Why not just have one simple method like craigslist and some others . I really don't get it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

harry!!! i gave up a long time ago, i offered them money to.some people will never change.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it wernt for the old pics i would not even open this site . charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

Steve, I had a kid show me how but I forgot within minutes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

I'm still on MS Windows 7 Home Premium (downloaded a stop program to halt MS from forcing Windows 10 on me, that is another story :-) )

My photo albums stored on Windows Live Photo Gallery, and takes me less than 10 sec to resize.

Here are the steps off my screen:

Right click on photo in album, and select Resize

Right click to find size, most all the time with my camera set on it's pixel range, use of Small will do it, save re-sized photo, it displays the KB under the saved image. If KB is too big, just do the resize again, selecting custom number if needed, and then save the smaller image to file.

That's how the tool roll image got on the forum. Crop and resize. Just a few clicks of that mouse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

my windows 7 premium dont look like that??????????????????? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 12:34 am:

My winders xp has office picture manager. I use it to clip down pics and such. Like this trailer hitch I removed from a trailer tongue a few weeks ago.Yep the old 1 messed up, they cut off the front of it and welded the new 1 on top of it. 2 butt welds held the weight of a cub farmal each time it was hauled for about 4 years.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration