Ford model t powered ice saw

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford model t powered ice saw
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

I found this on Craigslist in New Hampshire I can find very little on these saws on the web and would like to know what the rest of this unit would look like if complete. Engine is a 1927 block and transmission Thank you Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

The man to ask would be here:

http://www.antiqueicetoolmuseum.org/

Went on a tour of the place a couple of years ago and their collection of ice tools is extensive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

Thank you very much I will Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 09:02 am:

Bill,

I was at a pull this weekend and I missed this on Craigslist - or you'd have had some competition in snagging it.

Owl's Head Museum in Maine used to have one in their collection - not sure if they still do. Here are some pictures I found (one is of the Owl's Head unit).

Might be worth calling Owl's Head and see if they still have their's. If they do, a trip up there with a camera to do a parts survey may be in order.

-Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Weiss on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 09:40 am:

Ron

I am going to contact them thanks for the photos
Again ad sounded too good to be true
this guy was great walked me around his collection of mostly Model A's some nice older T's and his projects. I was able to pick up some A parts for my Pullford engine and a nice 27 T rear end

I will be posting better photos soon on the Doodle bug thread

Thank you Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

It's interesting to see the saw blades. The two rigs pictured above look like buzz saw blades and the ones pictured at the museum site look like small inserted lumber saw blades?? Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration