What are these aftermarket wire wheels ????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What are these aftermarket wire wheels ????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

A friend of mine bought these wheels at an estate sale. I do not know what they fit. Anyone know what they are ... ??? He has a set of four, and wants to sell them if we can find out what they fit ... Thanks....

z1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Knapp on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

Donnie, those are Phelps wheels. Take a look at the original Phelps advertisement in this forum discussion from 2012 to see detail:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/260053.html?1326729242

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

So I wonder what the spindles are?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Good luck finding the hubcaps!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 10:31 pm:

Tim, thanks for the link. Interesting set of wheels. I have not removed the rear axle stub yet to see what kind of taper may or may not be there. These would be very nice to use on a speedster if they will adapt fairly easily. From reading the link Tim posted, I assume that the hub caps will need to be made... It took almost 32 minutes to get an answer. Must have been because of Sunday evening after supper, slowed down the response time ... :-) :-) It is amazing the wealth of knowledge on this site and also the amount of active members. Thanks again .... Have fun and be safe Donnie Brown ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Knapp on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 12:40 am:

Donnie, I am collecting photos and measurements of various accessory wire wheels, hoping to someday put out a listing/specification table. I have never personally seen a set of Phelps. Would you be willing to take and email some high quality photos of the front hubs (inside, outside), the rear hubs (inside, outside), and the wheels (again inside, outside)after you get them apart? Measurements of the diameters of hubs Front/Rear and inside/outside as well as wheel centers F/R and I/O would be super also! Thx / Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 07:53 am:

Tim, I will try and get the pics and measurements for you. I am headed to our local swap meet and will be gone a week. When I get back, Ill try and get with my friend and take the photos ...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration