Swap Meet Find - U/D Unit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Swap Meet Find - U/D Unit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 11:58 pm:

I've been pretty good about not buying stuff at swap meets since I started on model t's. I only try to buy items I really really need. But yesterday at the San Bernandino swap meet I think I found a good deal.

U/D Unit

I picked up this u/d unit for $75.00, gears look good as well as the shafts and hyatt bearings. I plan to go through it and make it road worthy. The gentleman I bought it from told me the maker but I forgot it already. It was made in Los Angeles from what I remember. I will have to craft my own shifter and it needs a detent assembly but I should be able to fabricate those items myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

Philip

Think your trans may be the Woodward. Seems like similar case and the reverse curve shift shaft above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

What a good find. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Hey Phil Why don't you buy things at swap meets? Going to Hershey in the fall, just wondering

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration