Roadster wheels.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Roadster wheels.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 08:24 am:

Yesterday we had some fine weather, so I was able to get the first coat of enamel on the Hayes wire wheels for my roadster. Painting cream over black etch primer was not so bad. I got into the habit of counting as each spoke was attacked from 4 angles. This will be more important when the second coat goes on. It is do easy to loose track, put too much paint on, and make horrible runs.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

Looking nice!

A trick for painting wheels. In ONE of the lug-bolt-holes on each wheel. Put a short flat-head bolt in from the outside, with a nut on the inside (or which ever way you think will not flaw the paint much?) The flat-head bolt is tapered under the head allowing paint to spray under messing up the paint less.
The bolt acts as a marker that you can start from to paint around to. If you miss a shot, and can catch a quick glance at the bolt's position, you can pick it up again the next turn around.
For non-demountable wheels or model T/A wires, putting the bolt in the valve stem hole works almost as well and is much easier to spot than just a hole.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

Wow!! That's gonna look real nice on a light sporty roadster Allan..... But they'd look much nicer on my center door ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

George, you are in luck! I re-spoked a whole set of these for a customer and he has decided not to use them, so you can have them. There's even a full set of original hubcaps with them. You just need to meet his selling price - AUD $4000. Thats only about US $2850., plus shipping.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration