1920 Ford Coupe - Canadian Production

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1920 Ford Coupe - Canadian Production
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

I recently acquired a nicely restored 1920 Ford Coupe made in Walkerville, Ontario. I have been searching for period photos that show the car, but have not been successful online.

If anyone has any photos of a Canadian-made 1920 coupe, could you post here?

Thanks so much for your time.

Mike Hanson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

Here is a photo of my 1920 coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, June 13, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

What beautiful coupe. Those are my favorite year coupes. Nice! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 12:28 am:

I thought the 1920 coupes still had the bail door handles. I'd say your car may be later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Larry, The car was built in July/August 1920...so it is a very late 1920 or early 1921 car. The handles are correct. This car got me started studying the Canadian cars, and the information I've gathered is now in the Seventh Edition MTFCI Judging Guidelines. Mike is now the car's caretaker.
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 09:57 am:

There were several things that differed from US built contemporary Fords - does it have ribbed pedals but no reinforcement ribs at the backing plates on the rear axle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

Roger, When I restored it, it did not have the ribbed pedals (but should have had them). The rear axle has the reinforced plates, but the driveshaft tube is like the 1915 American tube where it meets the pinion bearing.
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

Russ, Is the Seventh Edition of the MTFCI Judging Guidelines now available?

The MTFCI Website only shows the Sixth Edition....

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 04:34 pm:

The Seventh Edition will be available later this year. I am going to have the prototype at the New York Tour for everyone to check out (also looking for suggestions, corrections, etc>). I will have the Seventh edition information for the judging captains in case we have Canadian cars being judged.
Russ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:02 pm:

I know I'll need to wear a flame suit when stating, I just love (period) wire wheels on early cars :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

Check out the most recent edition of the MTFCI Times for the article on Ford's personal coupe. It had wire wheels. If Henry liked them, then I guess it is okay for mine.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration