VF back issue review 1989 cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: VF back issue review 1989 cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 11:44 am:

The May-June VF reviewed Vol. 24 No. 3. The cover was a Glenn Embree picture taken of 3 of my dear friends and mentors posed as a Hunting scene. Russel Heath, Ed Juell and Francis Burnham were local T guys. We toured together and watched each other build some wonderful cars. Glenn's photos were truly pieces of art and always told a story. Those of you who have a copy of the book his son put together will agree. We are fortunate to still have some great cover photos on the VF.
The 3 gentlemen have all past on. I was fortunate to pick up some of their treasures after they passed. The motor from Ed's '27 Pickup was replaced. His old motor had been rebuilt by his father in the 50's. A new set of rings and it is still running quite well in my rusty Coupe. I was impressed when I tore the engine down and found the crankshaft journals perfectly round. Not ground but filed and sanded. The mechanics of those days had a lot of tricks that we don't use.
Although I have all the old issues of VF I don't get them out often enough and find some pleasant remembrances in the reviews in the current ones.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

With permission:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration