She warn't a-bilin'. So far, so good.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: She warn't a-bilin'. So far, so good.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 05:50 pm:

I broke a saber saw blade and had to go to town for replacements. The bank sign was claiming 95 as I drove by. By the time I had bought my blades and was headed home, it had cooled off to 93.

When I got home and put the car in the shop, the only sound from the recored radiator was a little gurgle, which stopped after a couple of minutes.The forecast predicts hot weather coming, with some 100 days, so we'll see how that goes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

So glad the runabout has settled in to regular duty!

Can you post a picture of your new wheels and the wheel painting fixture you're fabricating?

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Has been in the 90s, here, all. week and the rest of the week

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

My guess is that when you wizzed past the bank in your Model T the air created by your car cooled the thermometer down from 95* to 93*!

Great to hear it's rung good. I still have not had a chance to look at my '22 Coupe to see what's wrong with it and my work schedule has not allowed me to take my '27 Touring out yet! I'm really bummed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

Should not be "rung good" but RUNNING GOOD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

-Steve-
'Youse guys' can keep your heat & humidity! (We're at a very comfortable 70-ish.)
Also - Couldn't help but notice your photo with the 'standard issue' of cardboard on the floor.... :-)
Mentioning of the wheel fixture would be of further interest too. Waiting out recuperation from back surgery hasn't been fun, but projects await! Thx.
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:44 pm:

Sounds and looks good, Steve. I hope you're keeping that wishbone tight from now on!

I'm afraid we're going to give our cooling systems a workout next week on tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

Steve, any update on the top socket repair, or do you have another socket you can use as a replacement?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

Dennis, to be absolutely correct, it should be running well.

Allan from down under.Retired grade school teacher.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

Leave tomorrow for an early car (Mostly 1 & 2 Cylinder) tour in northern California. Temperatures are predicted in the mid 80's/low 90's. The humidity should be low. Happy we have a top and windshield on our 1910 2 cylinder REO.

In Tucson Az. where Royce lived for a short time....temperature is predicted to be 118.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

Steve, glad to see the Roadster treating you kindly after all the trouble she put you through lately. I did the same thing after acquiring my T, even though the radiator didn't leak and looked good to the eye, i never really trusted it till i took it out on the hottest day i can remember..(about 95) and put it through a stress test of long driving combined with stints of just sitting still in the hot sun. After a long day, she grunted and gurgled a bit, but was no less for the wear and tear...Just as you would expect a T to react. No drama. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 01:44 am:

Wheel painting fixture: Still working on it. I'll post pictures later.

Busted top socket: If it's the same as some later ones, I may have a replacement. If it's different, no. All I've done on that so far is put the top down.

Heat & humidity: Several years ago at a family reunion the Arizona cousins were griping about the humidity here and the ones from Virginia loved how nice and dry it is out in Kansas. When I go to Wisconsin and hear people carry on about how hot 85 is, I just smile. My family moved down here after the Civil War to escape the Wisconsin winters. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration