Ford Wheels ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford Wheels ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

As I noted before, I just purchased a large stock of Model T parts. Find the attached photos on two items, I need help identifying.

Wheels 17 inches by 5 inches wide

Brackets, what do these fit.Parts ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

Look like Model A wheels modified to take smaller diameter tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

Model A s had 21s in 1928-1929 and 19s later for 30-31 cars and trucks. 17s were in the mid 30s to the best of my knowledge. Just whAt I have seen on my A models over the years. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

I have seen wheels like that and I think they were after market wheels made to fit a Model A, but with wider tires.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

In the 40's and maybe later a lot of Model A's had the spokes cut down with later 16 inch rims welded on. You could find a lot of 16 inch tires, 21 and 19 not so much during WW2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

look more like 26-27 wheels to me!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 12:57 am:

If those are T centers I could get interested!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Skille on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 01:48 am:

My original 34 FORD roadster has 17 inch wheels but they don't look like yours.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration