HCCT question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: HCCT question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

Have just about all the parts I need to build a HCCT ... even a vintage cast iron base that looks just right. I do have a question ... does anyone out there have sequential pictures of the assembly of one of these? There are lots of pictures of the finished machine, but I need to see how various parts interface with each other.

Email is fine ... mosterman@eastman.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

Jim Thode made his own - this set of photos should help you.

http://www.pbase.com/jimthode/hcct

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Hi Royce,

Yes, I've looked at those and they are the only ones I've seen showing the thing from the side so far. Interesting no one have a shot of the parts as they go together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

Do you have the plans I put out years ago? I'm no artist but I always thought the sketches were usable. I've never heard of anyone building off those plans that couldn't see how it went. Email me if you need the file.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hallett on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

Hi Mark, this is what I have for pictures of my HCCT as I put it together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

Hey Roger,

Exactly what I was looking for though your design seems unique. Looks like you made the main shaft rather than used the stock shaft from the transmission.

Gary, yes I have your design drawings. They are good for that specific design and the wiring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

Great Job Roger!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Hey Roger,

Exactly what I was looking for though your design seems unique. Looks like you made the main shaft rather than used the stock shaft from the transmission.

Gary, yes I have your design drawings. They are good for that specific design and the wiring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 03:28 am:

Hey Roger ; your HCCT looks very close to this one !!!
245R
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hallett on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

Thanks Darren, Yes Mark the main shaft is just a piece of 1 inch round stock, if you would like any other views of it let me know and I will take pictures of what you want to see. Anthonie, it is similar and not by coincident either. I searched the forum for photos and information back in 2011 or 12, I liked the way your's was constructed so I started out using your base and mag ring bracket as my guide. As to the rest of it I made it up as I went.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration