Wheel Swap for '26-'27 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wheel Swap for '26-'27 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Fedak on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

Can someone advise please? I'd like to move a wire wheeled 27 Tudor (with no tires) onto a trailer for transport. I'd rather remove the very straight original wire wheels first so they don't get bent during transport, and instead use some sacrificial wheels for the 600 mile trip on a trailer. Anyone know of a modern/aluminum wheel direct swap onto wire wheel hubs for a 27 Model T ?? Thanks. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

Make some plywood ones. Nothing modern that know of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

A space saver spare tire from the 80's or 90's worked for me once on '26 - '27 wire wheel hubs, but I don't know what they were from.

You might measure your hubs and / or take one of them to a salvage yard and see if you can find something that will work.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

They are 5x5 bolt pattern which is the same as 72-98 Chevy half-ton 2wd pickups, 77-90 Caprice (wagon and police only) and 91-96 Caprice (all). Also Buick/Olds of the same years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

I had to make the plywood wheels when I had a similar wheel problem on a T. I wish I would have known of the modern wheels from a gm product. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Fedak on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 07:42 am:

Thanks all. I thought about the plywood solution but will probably make a trip to the parts yard and get some cheap GM bolt ons - that's valuable info. . didn't know that . . thanks again! Bill

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration