Open trailer car cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Open trailer car cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Seibert on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 10:18 am:

Anyone know where I can purchase or have made a touring car cover for open trailer towing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 10:44 am:

Bad idea Michael, The wind while towing it will damage your little car. Better off using no cover while transporting on an open trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 10:49 am:

I have to agree with Will.... NIX the cover idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 11:00 am:

I agree with the above post the cover will whip in the wind and damage paint mirrors etc besides damage to the cover itself you cannot get the cover tight enough to eliminate all flapping. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 11:04 am:

Its the constant flapping of the cover at speed damages the paints finish. I haven't tried it but a friend of my damaged his corvette doing this years ago. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 11:04 am:

Good advice to avoid the cover from Ben Dare and Don Datt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 11:20 am:

Best way is a custom cover made by a boat or auto upholstery shop.

Fitted to not blow in the wind. One I saw had a small flap in the rear boot to allow any wind that gets into the cover to exit out the back.

Seen on a tour, nice set-up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 12:45 pm:

What Dan said

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Seibert on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 06:17 pm:

kirk Peterson would you tell me where you got the nifty cover for your 27 please call me at 845-926-0486 thanks Mike Seibert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 08:49 pm:

Before I moved up to enclosed trailers, I towed my 15 touring with a cover very similar to Kirks. Covered windshield, seats and top. Used a few more bungees to hold everything nice and tight and never had a paint scuffing. Anybody that makes boat covers can do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 10:03 pm:

Mick
Just sent you a private message.
Below picture is of my first cover somewhere in WY or MT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 01:04 am:

Or you could have a cover made with a frame so it is a covered trailer.

This one was for a Town Car with the touring roof folded it could be a lot lower.
trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 08:16 am:

Local upholstery shop made this and storm curtains for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

I have two closed cars and I load them backward because of the visors and flat windshield, the backs are curved, I use stretch wrap and go a couple of rounds, it keeps the bugs, tar, small rocks from doing any harm.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

Here is a picture of my Fordor on the trailer for a 400 mile trip.

Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration