Model T house car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T house car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

I just watched Chasing classic cars on discovery channel. Wayne bought a rare ford factory produced house car. They told that 6 cars were taken of the assembly line and fitted with custom built bodies by Ford. Apparently advertising vehicle maybe for a construction company. Cool car. Anyone know more. I bet you do. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

Think the show got the history wrong. The custom bodies were not built by Ford. Someone posted the name of the company that actually did build those bodies on a thread last year, but I cannot find it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 02:29 pm:

Found it!

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/599159.html?1451534603

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

Thanks Ron. Yes that's what I was thinking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

It's traditional for history to take a pretty brutal beating at the hands of movie and TV folks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

I used to work in Cable Television. I remember when the History Channel actually cared about history. I also remember Arts and Entertainment actually showed art. But, then again, that (the industry stopped being honest in any way or form) is why I stopped working in the Cable Television industry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 06:49 pm:

A friend of mine taped that show off and showed it to me. I told him it was bs. I saw one show once they were restoring a 39 Hudson and they said the factory had an artist come n and paint the wood grain dash. That's bs too. Must have been a lot of artists back then. I had a 37 Plymouth with a wood grain dash my 47 Hudson has one. People believe that bs. John Fogerty had a song that said I know it's true cause I saw it on tv

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration