Restorations, Engine Rebuilds, Etc

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Restorations, Engine Rebuilds, Etc
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

Before selecting someone to rebuild an engine or restore a car, join a car club and find some folk who have had work done by the firm you have in mind. Don't just base your selection on geography, price, website or other advertising.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

Is this sage advice the result of an unhappy experience?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

If it is or isn't, it is still excellent advice!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

That also applies to women you date & might consider getting married to someday .....

Man do I have a big rear view mirror with a great view ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 08:44 am:

Sounds like there's a story here. If you had a bad experience, you should share it. Could be a learning experience for others. You don't have to divulge the name of the offending business if you don't want to, but some details might help to drive the point home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Easy Jim!...no distracted driving now.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:03 am:

All I can say is that the work I've had done on my T's has been good. I've done most of the work on my 3 T's other than Babbitt, and some machining work.
The rest I did myself.
A good shop or individual that does good work will stay in business regardless of what some disgruntled guy says.

If you find a shop that generally has a good reputation that's who you go with.
You'll never please everybody. There's always a guy in the crowd who is continually bashing somebody.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:57 am:

If I ever need to have a T engine rebuilt, I'm taking it to Mike Bender, he lays out all of his work and processes in his great series of videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYG_lIhIwKyLG8WQm4tGmKK1nA0Yctp6G

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration