Tomorrows project

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Tomorrows project
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

Today I Babbitted tomorrow I line Bore
Hemp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 07:57 am:

Is this the same engine that had a broken crank, or its replacement? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 02:56 am:

This is a 1928 T engine. The one in my 25 roadster that the crankshaft broke in is actually a 1919 engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Doughty Central wisconsin on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 06:29 am:

What kind of boring rig is that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Skille on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 11:20 am:

That's a Hempy-Cooper Main Bearing Boring Machine for Model T Fords. You better be in good shape if your going to hand crank it though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 11:42 am:

Put the quick release main bolts on the shelf and use regular bolts while lineboring the mains. You can't torque the qc ones anywhere near enough to duplicate the clamp pressure of regular bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Don , I use a Milwaukee right angle speed up tool to do the cranking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

i have one of those like deans. i will put it in my tool museum. on the rod bolts on the overlands i rework the rods so i can use stock 350 chev bolts and nuts and the sheet metal lock nuts,good enough for 350s what more could you want??????????? charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration