Old New Borrowed and Blue

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old New Borrowed and Blue
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 06:31 am:

Meet my new daughter in law Sara. She married my son Tom on Memorial Day weekend. I finally got the photos.

In keeping with the theme of something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, he drove his 1912 T to the wedding and I was picked to chauffeur them home.

We think the car qualifies as being old.
My daughter in law is new.
They borrowed two of my old Fords for their wedding party.
Their car of course is blue.

If you're at the Motor Muster, please congratulate them by their newer car; a yellow '72 Mustang convertible.

You may remember Tom as the man who shares a birthday with the Model T. He turned 21 on the Centennial.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 06:46 am:

Congratulations and best wishes to the newlyweds!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 07:24 am:

May they have a long and happy life together. Congratulations Sara & Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 07:58 am:

I'm not married. Probably will not get married (women scare me). :-) But I think one of the greatest honors for a Model T owner would be to have their car as part of a wedding! A married couple, a house, a car, a couple kids and a dog are the elements of what many have referred to as "home" since Henry Ford started making the Model T. Congratulations Mr and Mrs Tom Miller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Gagel, Orange,Ct on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:20 am:

I was able to give my daughter a '14 touring for her wedding gift. She grew up with T's, and this appropriate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 11:44 am:

Congratulations! It is great to find a good woman to go with your Model T.

For Michael and others who might be scared, let me tell you a couple ways to find the right woman for a car enthusiast. For me it was a woman who would hold a flashlight for me while I was under the car making adjustments. The marriage has lasted 58 years so far and she still helps me when I ask her. You must also help her do some things too, such as mop the floor because her back aches, etc.

The other way is like one of my sons did. The first date he took her to a wrecking yard to scavenge for car parts. So far his marriage has lasted 19 years.

Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Congratulations and a what a nice car. My wife started out not all about the model T s and A s but now will jump in and go anywhere in them!! She as well has help me drag more than one old car home and handed me pats to repair..Perfect! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Gagel, Orange,Ct on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

Congratulations to the handsome couple. That is quite an impressive wedding picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Nice one Tom! Congratulations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

No Norm, I live in Central Minnesota. These women scare me. I've been married twice (once for 33 years) and I still wake up screaming in the dark. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Tom great photo. We wish the new couple all the best.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration