Anyone near Bland Mo. that could check on a 27 pickup for me?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Anyone near Bland Mo. that could check on a 27 pickup for me?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 09:59 am:

I recently purchased a 27 roadster pickup from a man in Bland Mo. and sent a $1500 deposit. I have been trying to reach him to arrange pick up,however he does not return my phone calls. I am thinking someone in the area might contact this person for me. The address is 1428 Dittman Rd. Bland Mo. Phone #is 314 223 1412. I am in N.C and will be going to pick the truck up very soon.BTW his name is Jimmie Class/Jimmy Class const. co.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:12 am:

A quick check on the address and that home is on the market for sale. Hope it all turns out well for you. I would call the local law enforcement in that area just to check to see if that company exists and if the name matches the home address. I hope I'm wrong but I got a bad feeling on this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:21 am:

Googling the address turns up a Jimmy L. Class living there. Googling the phone number shows it's a cell phone based near St. Louis. People move around and take their cell phones with them, so living in mid-Missouri and having a phone with a St. Louis area code isn't all that unusual.

Someone in the Fulton Model T group may know him. Try e-mailing the address shown for the Kingdom of Callaway chapter: http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm#mo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:26 am:

I think Class may actually be spelled Claas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:28 am:

Will, according to Redfin, the status is "Not for sale." As far as the company existing, the "company" may consist of a name on the side of a pickup truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:30 am:

Tom, you think that because you're in Michigan... more Dutch names per square mile than any other state! :-)

The property record shows "Class."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MARK BASLER on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:35 am:

he has a Facebook page.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:40 am:

Unlike Will Copeland, I don't see any real estate listings for that address. All the real estate websites such as Trulia show it as not for sale or off market.

JImmy Claas Construction at that address and number, according to Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Jimmy-Claas-Construction-811659142238568/

Another item for sale:

http://shopping.rollanet.org/category/404/ATVs/listings/1290778/1998-Kawasaki-Mu le-550.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Interesting, Tom, but probably not surprising. I have a friend in the Dutch community here whose name is Plaat and she sees Platt a lot... :-)

The property record was probably created by someone who wasn't paying attention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:45 am:

Not an avid Facebooker... last post was October 2015.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Dick,

How well I know. I gave up trying to trace all my family's 1900 records due to these changes. One of your local churches in St. Louis has a pastor who may be related to my grandfather's brother but my letters to him have gone unanswered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 10:59 am:

Which church and which pastor? You can e-mail me at dlodge-at-nedcons-dot-com so that we don't bore everyone else here... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 11:48 am:

Dick,

Lengthy PM sent to your e-mail.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration