Any know of 1910 rear hubs?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Any know of 1910 rear hubs?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

I am looking for 1910 rear hubs for the straight axles. Does any one know of someone who might have a one or a pair of the 5 1/2 size? I do have a nice 6 inch one for the straight axle. I also have a 6 inch one that needs some machine work. Do you know of someone who is familiar with these hubs and does machine work? It has been suggested that the 6 inch ones could be reworked into 5 1/2 inch ones. Who does this? Any suggestions appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

Langs list new ones $350 for pr.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

I will check. I was told they are are "look a likes" and are made out of later hubs and are made to fit taper axels. I will check now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

from Langs catalog. Description of item.

This is a pair of rear wheel hubs and hub flange plates for use with wood wheels only They are machined for the TAPERED style early axles only. Flange is 5-1/2 in diameter. (Will not work with wire wheels.)
NOTE: Tapered axles use a castle nut to hold the hub on. (Straight axles use a round pin that is held in place by the hub cap.)

I am look for one or two original hubs 5 1/2 or 6 inch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

Darel,
Scroll down on the parts list a little further, Part # 2815ES 09/11 hubs for straight pin axles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

I bought a rear hub many yrs ago that I think is model t but don't know for sure.
How can I tell. Can't do pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

6 or 5 1/2 inch plates? For straight axel? There would be a hole for a pin by the treads. My old hubs are at home. I will take a photo of my good 6 inch and post it tomorrow. You could look at the hubs for sale at Langs. They are under wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

Are the Langs hubs new manufacture or are they made from later hubs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

Darel,

They are CNC machined from billet steel. Very nice. They wait until they have enough orders for a production run. Let me know if you are going to order, I want a pair of the 6" version for my car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration