Victor Model 2 headlamps question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Victor Model 2 headlamps question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

I have a pair of 1914 Victor headlamps, and the burner bases' retaining/adjusting screws extend through the base and are retained or locked by large-ish square nuts. Is this correct, or should the base itself be only threaded with no retaining/lock nuts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 04:54 pm:

R.V., I have a pair of Brown lamps and that's exactly how mine look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

R.V.,

I have several styles of gas burner stands for the triple slot gas headlights. Some are rather thin and use washers and square nuts. The others use a two plate setup with a threaded plate to screw into which may be what you are talking about.

This is a picture of a two plate thick style and the screws come up through the bottom plate and screw into the top. This may be what you are talking about. The top plate drops over the stand inside the headlight.

Victor did use some all thread single post burner stands and I have a pair in my John Brown 16's. What came with the Victors in '13/'14 I don't know.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

R V I have a pair of victor # 2 ford headlights and the burner bases are held in the same way as yours except the nuts are thin hex nuts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Thank You to everyone who posted info and photos. Now I have enough information to go ahead and screw up the lamps.

I do have to wonder if originally the adjusting lock system was merely the threaded holes into which the lock screws turned, and it was quickly discovered that the screws tended to vibrate loose and fall out, so the owners added longer screws and lock nuts. Or maybe it was the factory. Who knows.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration