For all the "doodle bug" guys

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: For all the "doodle bug" guys
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

flywheel end

drive end (usually front end)

carb and magneto

narrowed TT rear axle with 30x3-1/2" wheels from a snowmobile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 08:58 pm:

Les, thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

One thing I should add. This engine fires evenly. So the crank obviously has big counterweights. I've never opened it up. My understanding is that the target market was irrigation pumps etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

By "even" do you mean both cylinders are on the same stroke?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

Chad
Yes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

That's cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 10:40 pm:

Any insight into why a T engine? Common parts would be inexpensive, giving one reason, but certainly most parts were only close in design and could not cross over. There had to be more efficient designs for a similar HP engine!?
This is a really neat engine; as noted in the other DB thread it;s amazing the shear impact of the T even in non-vehicle related endeavors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, June 17, 2016 - 11:10 pm:

Zachary
You could buy parts at every garage and hardware store. Everybody knew how to work on them. This engine could use a high tension mag such as this one or a timer and 2 T coils off of a battery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

Used to be a place in Bellingham that built boat motors like this, also think they made one cylinder engines, seems like Clift engines was their name, but I could be lyin' Dave in Bellingham,WA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration