FJ - Mr. Bill Goodwill T Ambassador First Class :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: FJ - Mr. Bill Goodwill T Ambassador First Class :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 05:37 am:

Yesterday I dropped off a Model T in Andover, NH.

I was " in the neighborhood " so I gave Bill a call in Keene, NH to see what he was up to.

We met for dinner in a big box parking lot & drove to downtown Keene for some good mexican food.

Upon returning to my rig - a gentleman & his wife stopped to chat about Bill's Model T.

The husband had vivid memories of his grandfather's green Model T - taking driving lessons with his grandfather on the weekends.

Of course Bill took him for a ride ....

They visited for a bit ....

I think there is a future Model T owner on the horizon ....

This scenario repeats itself on a daily basis all over the world wherever someone is driving a Model T and stops to visit and to share.

And the Model T endures ..... :-)

Thank You Bill and everyone else who takes the time to share their knowledge & passion with others .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 05:41 am:

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 06:34 am:

Thanks for sharing Jim.............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 08:17 am:

"I think there is a future Model T owner on the horizon"... that's the primary reason I take my T's to car shows when I can. The exposure is tremendous. Despite all the "fancy" modern 40s-60s cars, my T's get far more attention. And I'm seeing more and more youth under 30 drooling over them. If only 1 percent of them jump in the hobby, then it was worth the while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

I take a different tact. To me, car shows are already populated with car-committed minds.
You are not convincing anyone to take an interest in old cars, or they would not already be
there. Instead, I drive my cars. Everywhere I go is a car show. Hell, I got pulled over by a
cop last week. He apologized and said he just wanted to see the TT up close and ask me
some questions about it. People honk and wave everywhere I go. Any time I stop, it is a
Q&A session. Some tell me their own old car story, ... Grampa, Dad, etc. and some want
to know what it takes to own and drive one. Some might even follow through and become
"infected" like the rest of us ??? Dissirregardlessly, I enjoy putting smiles on so many faces
and hearing other peoples' stories. It clearly brings up a nostalgic joy for them (which I enjoy
seeing) and some of the stories are wonderful.

I recently became involved in a transition and re-education program for vets called "Vets
on the Farm. The program director saw my cover and asked if I was a vet. I told her my story
and we are off to the rodeo. I will be using my TT to give the program more exposure and who
knows, maybe some of those people will take an interest in T's ??? Either way, we are helping
vets find post-service career paths in ag-related markets, doing it by attraction, not promotion,
and it has an emphasis on the burgeoning "organic" farming and marketing scene. Something
I am already into.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 02:46 pm:

In the suburbs of Detroit, you can find weekly gatherings of cars on different nights of the week. I go with a friend and and the two T's always bring some interesting visitors. Even though many of the cars are the same each week the people who stop are many times new. It is for some the first time they have seen a Ford Model T up close. The questions they have make it fun for me......Bob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration